LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

found some cheaper lifts...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21308
Page 1 of 1

Author:  riptricket [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:25 am ]
Post subject:  found some cheaper lifts...

i have found a rock krawler 3.5" lift and a rough country 3" lift for under $500. Are either good? either one better?

Author:  swyszomirski [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:50 am ]
Post subject: 

Stay away from Rock Krawler in general, their have made a really bad name for themselves here at LOST. From general misinformation, and poor service, to false advertising/misconceptions on their web site. They just aren't worth dealing with. As for the Rough Country, I have seen it around, but don't recall any real info on it. But hopefully some of the others will chime in....

Stephen

Author:  Pablo [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Rough Country used to make the factory upgraded suspension for the XJ if I am not mistaken, it was called the upcountry. I don't know about the KJ lift-- except that most people say don't lift further than 2.5 inches or you will have CV issues. I would see how much lift you are actually getting with each of these lifts (where vehicle sits before and after at the hub) in writing from the manufacturer before I would risk putting something on that will stress the CV's too much.

As for which company is better to deal with-- Rough Country has the better reputation, rock krawler has screwed up so many times that no one here likes them. Both of these lifts are only spacer lifts, and you might want to look at the daystar spacer lift as well. Plenty of people have installed it and are happy.

Author:  Maximum Carnage [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:23 am ]
Post subject: 

swyszomirski wrote:
Stay away from Rock Krawler in general, their have made a really bad name for themselves here at LOST. From general misinformation, and poor service, to false advertising/misconceptions on their web site. They just aren't worth dealing with. As for the Rough Country, I have seen it around, but don't recall any real info on it. But hopefully some of the others will chime in....

Stephen


X2

Author:  jg45 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:06 am ]
Post subject: 

I have had the Rough Country lift and I would advise staying away from it. The front is a spacer that attaches to the bottom of the strut between the strut and the clevis. It will have the same problems as the OTT type of lift as it does the same thing. I have changed mine to the Frankenlift (front only) and am much happier with the ride and the performance. The spacers will eventually cause strut failure due to the strut being over compressed when the wheel is pushed up into the wheel well. For just a little more you could get a Rusty's full coil lift and be much happier.

Author:  GilaMonster [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Stay away from the rock krapper stuff. Search for my review posted with the subject "Buyer Beware".

Author:  renegadekj [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just because it's cheap doesn't meany ou should buy it! Especially when you will be installing that "cheap" lift on a $18 000.00 + JEEP. Just a word of advice and save you cash and get a lift that you and your KJ will like. Consider the franken lift ,Old man Emu and rusty's coil lift you will not be dissapointed!!

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thats what I can never understand, go out and pay 20/25,000 plus for a vehicle but then want to do a CHEAP lift :? :? Any time I do something to my Jeep I look at it as an investment into the vehicle and know that buying quality parts will get me what I want not by buying cheap lifts like the ones mentioned. Thats why I bought the best springs I could find.... OMEs! Cheap is cheap, no matter how you spell it! :wink: So with that run away from both of those lifts!

Tom

Author:  KJMedic [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 

Like we used to say in racing "They know what there junk is worth"

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:32 am ]
Post subject: 

KJMedic wrote:
Like we used to say in racing "They know what there junk is worth"


"If you've got a twenty dollar head, go ahead and buy a twenty dollar helmet."

yeah, I know... like I have any room to talk. At least I fixed it!

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/