LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

You won't believe the deal I just got on MOABS/MTR's
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21336
Page 1 of 1

Author:  csukoh78 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:38 pm ]
Post subject:  You won't believe the deal I just got on MOABS/MTR's

Ok, I don't want to brag, but I'm pretty darn excited and wanted to share my good fortune.

I just got 5 used but flawless Moab rims meated with 5 used MT/R's for my Lib.


Go ahead.....ask how much I paid........






































.........Nothing! :shock: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is one of the great things about being in the military, especially a special ops unit. We are all very tight. My friend gave them to me because he is going to the Caribbean on leave for 3 weeks with his new wife, and needed someone to watch their 3 cats. As he was dropping them off (because I was going to buy them from him) he had a conversation with my wife. He mentioned the pain of trying to find a good vet for three weeks. Because my pregnant wife just left her job to spend the next two months at home, she volunteered to do it for them. It saved them boarding costs and wife-worry because my wife loves cats, and he simply refused to take payment for the wheels and tires afterwards.

All's well that ends well. Thanks hon! I'll post pics as soon as I get back from training and can put them on. The tires aren't perfect, but I'm still very excited

Author:  gone_jeepin [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't know I think you could of got them for less!!! :lol: Congrats they look real nice on KJs

Author:  renegadekj [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Congrats! :D

Author:  RQuarte [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

I don't know i think he gouged you on that one. Haha congrats!

Author:  Fouros [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

your a lucky bugger


it was a good score

Author:  Tokyojoe [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Reminds me of when I was offered a set of graphite shaft golf club set and bag (very nice clubs) for just helping the old guy with 10 hours of online training (how to get online and use IE).

Congrats.

Author:  Big D [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sounds like you guys are real pals! Can't wait to see some pics of them mounted.

Author:  csukoh78 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thanks. I love this site. I will post pics just as soon as I get them. I love the stock 17 graphite on my freedom, but I think these will look great, even better if I get new mtr's.

Author:  2006KJSPORT4x4 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pay it forward....I love it....

Author:  csukoh78 [ Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

2006KJSPORT4x4 wrote:
Pay it forward....I love it....


what exactly is that? Ive seen the movie, but ?

Author:  Fouros [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:28 am ]
Post subject: 

as soon as i get my MOABS ( one day ) i was thinking of getting them painted the same graphite colour as my alloys that came on my 04 extreme sport edition

Author:  2006KJSPORT4x4 [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:44 am ]
Post subject: 

When someone does something nice for you you do something equally or greater in niceness abck...your family took care of the cats, he paid it forward by giving you new rims FREE.....at least that is my understanding of it....it can be a never ending cycle...

Author:  Liberator [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:54 am ]
Post subject:  pay it forward

Yah, pass on the act of generousity like give me your old wheels for free!!! :D :D :D

Good deeds don't go unnoticed... so it sounds like your bud recognized the favour you paid him.. nice.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Lucky! :D
I also got a set free from a local Jeeper. He saw me on another forum and asked if I knew anyone that wanted a set. I said I was interested and he said "come and get them!" I asked what he needed for them and he said "just come and get them!" I ended up hooking him up w/ some gear oil for his TJ and we were both happy.

Now as for paying it forward...... visit the following link if you should have anything you would like to offer up in the RAOK/Freebie thread.
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=19417


BTW, (not to toot my own horn but...) I am paying it forward by donating the set of tires from the rims to a local high schooler for the budget build we are doing on his XJ. I have also gathered a complete 2-3" lift, discos and a set of KJ steel wheels for him all for Free!

Author:  Video Guy [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:54 am ]
Post subject: 

Congratulations! (Tires and the new baby!)

FWIW, you probably don't want your wife around cat litter boxes, because she can contract toxoplasmosis and infect your unborn baby with severe effects like blindness or brain damage. Please be careful. Here's a link:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites ... smosis.htm

Author:  csukoh78 [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Thanks a million

Author:  carroll952 [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fouros wrote:
as soon as i get my MOABS ( one day ) i was thinking of getting them painted the same graphite colour as my alloys that came on my 04 extreme sport edition


I think those would look cool with a dark KJ like yours. Any word on those Moabs yet?


Justin

Author:  csukoh78 [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

This is a photoshop Ive done. This is NOT my jeep...those pics are soon to follow... I'm really considering debadging mine. I love the smooth look

Image

Author:  waddy whiteguts [ Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sweet deal, you'll like those wheels a lot they really get looks. Glad someone mentioned toxoplasmosis it was the first thing that jumped into my head when reading your post. Be patient with the cats they can be a trip :D

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/