| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rockrails http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21873 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jeepjustice [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Rockrails |
Which rockrails are the best? I know that All J Boulderbars advertise here & they look ok but the Rocky Road rockrails say they use 1/4" hitch steel & they are guaranteed for life! The Rock Lizard Skinks seem intreresting also. I want the best so no chance of damage to my Liberty. I wouldn't want them to bend up into my rockers or anything! What's your thoughts? |
|
| Author: | moose [ Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rockrails |
jeepjustice wrote: Which rockrails are the best? I know that All J Boulderbars advertise here & they look ok but the Rocky Road rockrails say they use 1/4" hitch steel & they are guaranteed for life! The Rock Lizard Skinks seem intreresting also. I want the best so no chance of damage to my Liberty. I wouldn't want them to bend up into my rockers or anything! What's your thoughts?
I went with the Skinks, and I would recomend them in a heartbeat. VERY sturdy. I've seen the boulder bars, and think they are also a solid product. I haven't seen the others, so I can't say about them, but both AllJ or Rock Lizard make good, tough product. |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I've read about some people having issues getting the rocky-road's to mount up properly. Something about one side not being the same as the other. And to me, BB's and the skinks frame-style just look stronger I hope they are, I'm waiting for Marty to send me my steps, any day now. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 3:14 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Another vote for the Skinks from Rock Lizard,they are worth there wieght in gold! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:03 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes there are only Rock Lizards/ AllJs Boulder bars that I would ever consider. RROs ....well that is not even an option |
|
| Author: | moose [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: Yes there are only Rock Lizards/ AllJs Boulder bars that I would ever consider. RROs ....well that is not even an option
Well, CRS rails LOOK nice, but I have never seen them. Didn't Mutt have a set? That'd be saying something right there |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
There is no need for "hitch" steel on a rock rail. The mounting of a rock rail will give and bend way before the rail will even when it is made from 3/16" steel. Anything thicker than that is just added weight that is not needed. What you really want is a mounting system that ties into both the pinch seam and "frame" of the KJ. The Boulderbars from All J and Skinks from Rock Lizard are the best on the market. IF you dare to do business w/ RRO, beware! You will most likely be back in here complaining that they are screwing you out of your money or that their customer service sucks. Do a search and you will see what I mean. |
|
| Author: | meh_kick [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
moose wrote: tommudd wrote: Yes there are only Rock Lizards/ AllJs Boulder bars that I would ever consider. RROs ....well that is not even an option Well, CRS rails LOOK nice, but I have never seen them. Didn't Mutt have a set? That'd be saying something right there I just got a set too. When you wanna check em out Moose? 3 mounting points on each like All Js:
Tube step like the Super Duper Skink Sliders:
Very stout as is, just need a little sister-ing to the pinch seam to pull it all together. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So you got it all figured out meh-kick? They look good! How do ya like them? |
|
| Author: | meh_kick [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Jeepjeepster wrote: So you got it all figured out meh-kick? They look good!
How do ya like them? So far so good. They perform tremendously on the highway.... Now that you're out of school, you anywhere near livingston? My have to try and scrape them up on the rocks soon. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I live around 3hours from there.. Ive got a summer job so Ive been kinda busy.. Some other midwest members may come down.. Moose needs to try that new Tj out! I may be up for a run this fall sometime.. Got a new girl that I want to take offroad. haha, what is their purpose on the hw? |
|
| Author: | meh_kick [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Oh, don't mind me. Just a little miffed that they should have been on for the last 3 outings, but due to the delay, I've never been offroad with them. |
|
| Author: | LostEddie [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You may want to look at the pictures here “ http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 237#213237 ” for a look at the Rock Lizard bars. The dif is how they align with the bottom of the Jeep. I like Rock’s snug up fit but I can’t say what is best. |
|
| Author: | moose [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JJsKJ wrote: There is no need for "hitch" steel on a rock rail. The mounting of a rock rail will give and bend way before the rail will even when it is made from 3/16" steel. Anything thicker than that is just added weight that is not needed. Well, it would give you an extra 400 pounds of low weight to change your center of gravity and gas milage... Jeepjeepster wrote: I live around 3hours from there.. Ive got a summer job so Ive been kinda busy.. Some other midwest members may come down.. Moose needs to try that new Tj out!
I may be up for a run this fall sometime.. Got a new girl that I want to take offroad. haha, what is their purpose on the hw? OK, I think it's time to post on MidWest about another run down there. I just got a used 2" suspension lift and I'm getting the 33x10.50's next week (also got a 1" spacer, but not sure if I'm going to run that yet) and my Rocker Guards (kinda like skinks - kinda) are due at my house by the 4th. Hmmm, 7/7/07 ? |
|
| Author: | chetos [ Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I 7th or 8th (whatever the count) on RL's quality!!! The only beef I have is that I haven't had time to thoroughly test them out yet!! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|