| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| New clevis lift question (I hope) http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21886 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | New clevis lift question (I hope) |
All, Is it necessary to disconnect the upper ball joint to do a clevis lift? Thanks in advance for your responses. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Technically, probably not. You will be able to get a bit of movement with the upper arms attached, but you will be able to get more movement with more control and accuracy of the process with the upper ball joint & the stabilizer bar link disconnected. It may seem like less work to leave everything connected, but it will be more frustrating. |
|
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Pilot, Thanks for the input - I kinda figured what you wrote would be true. Thanks again. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well, believe it or not, I did it without disconnecting the upper ball joint. I just figured that I would give it a try and it worked. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I believe it! I did one side while still connected, the other while disconnected, then did the first side again while disconnected. Long story... |
|
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:41 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Pilot, I did, though, disconnect the sway bar on each side. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | Gordo [ Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would be interested in hearing how you did it. I want to lift up just a touch with a clevis lift in the front. What all did you have to disassemble to do it? Thanks! |
|
| Author: | Ronnie Helmo [ Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gordo, It was quite easy. I simply disconnected the sway bar from both sides, removed the wheel, loosened the clevis pinch bolt, pried the strut up about 1/2" and tightened the clevis bolt. I plan to check the clevis out after ~1 week - I will let you know if there are any changes. -Dr. Dave |
|
| Author: | renegadekj [ Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Gordo Here is a website that i believe "unixx" has created. there is tons of usful info and here is the info for your clevis /isolator lift http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Jeep_Liber ... levis_Lift Hope this helps! Josh |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|