It is currently Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Last lift question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:34 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 109
Location: Maple Valley, Washington
I've read so much on lifting and the various methods and kits I think I have a terminal headache and I'm more confused now than when I started. So here's my last question:

I want to just level the 03 out, meaning bring the front up to match the rear and upgrade the tire size to fill everything out. I want to do it as right as I can but would prefer to use springs over spacers. Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out?

As always, big thanks

_________________
03 4X4 Liberty Sport, power everything but seats. head lamp rock guards, roof basket, Brite Box...Coming: LIFT and Bridgestone Revo's
The Jeep

ARL #KD7UBW

Member #RS057213


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last lift question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:14 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:28 pm
Posts: 561
Location: Stillwater, OK
Ron wrote:
Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out?

As always, big thanks


They're might be springs for that but I don't know of any. If you're really not wanting to lift and just level it out though I think your cheapest bet BY FAR would be a clevis lift. It would be level and save you about $100-$200.

_________________
-Gavin
2006 4x4 Sport ~ Dark Khaki
2.5" Rockfather II
Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Rocky Top Tennessee
I didn't really unserstand if you wanted a lift or not, but if you do and if you get the suspension lift it should straighten it out pretty good. When you replace factory suspension with the new coils it should keep it even.

_________________
05 Liberty 4x4, Atlantic Blue
Extended Breathers
3/4 Mopar Skids
OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Last lift question
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:02 pm 
Offline
This member has been Banned

Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Posts: 2301
Location: Harahan LA (the burbs)
Ron wrote:
I've read so much on lifting and the various methods and kits I think I have a terminal headache and I'm more confused now than when I started. So here's my last question:

I want to just level the 03 out, meaning bring the front up to match the rear and upgrade the tire size to fill everything out. I want to do it as right as I can but would prefer to use springs over spacers. Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out?

As always, big thanks



we had the same problem with our '03
a clevis lift helped how every we learned shortly after ,<1 year that we had bad struts
I would think real hard about replacing the struts if they have over 50K on them
of it does come to that I would just do a full up grade to Old Man Emu suspension
it will ride like new and be a little taller around 1.75-2" over new stock or if it is as bad as ours was 2.5"+ in the front from the day befor install


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
Clevis lift the front for free to level it w/ stock rear height.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:41 pm
Posts: 714
Location: Utah "Logan"
One more vote for the clevis.

_________________
2005 CRD , Moab Rims, 245/75/16 Goodyear M/T
RL rear bumper, TMJ Front bumper, Frankenlinft,
*TOTALED*

1985 Mitsubishi Pickup SP 2.3 Turbo Diesel Watercooled turbo,4D56 ported head,
12" Suspension Lift with JK Rubicon axles, Elockers, 5.13's, Fox coilovers, Atlas 5.0, Rock Lizard supersliders

1996 Lexus LX450 -locked and lifted-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:00 am
Posts: 109
Location: Maple Valley, Washington
Sorry for the confusion...I'd like to lift it but I figured if I leveled it out and added some larger tires, it would square it up.

Thanks for the info and suggestions. After taking an asprin (for the headache...) and looking at the lifts again I'm leaning towards going a head and doing the complete lift.

Sometimes you need a little push.

Thanks

_________________
03 4X4 Liberty Sport, power everything but seats. head lamp rock guards, roof basket, Brite Box...Coming: LIFT and Bridgestone Revo's
The Jeep

ARL #KD7UBW

Member #RS057213


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com