| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Last lift question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22463 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Ron [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Last lift question |
I've read so much on lifting and the various methods and kits I think I have a terminal headache and I'm more confused now than when I started. So here's my last question: I want to just level the 03 out, meaning bring the front up to match the rear and upgrade the tire size to fill everything out. I want to do it as right as I can but would prefer to use springs over spacers. Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out? As always, big thanks |
|
| Author: | pokefan [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Last lift question |
Ron wrote: Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out?
As always, big thanks They're might be springs for that but I don't know of any. If you're really not wanting to lift and just level it out though I think your cheapest bet BY FAR would be a clevis lift. It would be level and save you about $100-$200. |
|
| Author: | wildrussian [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I didn't really unserstand if you wanted a lift or not, but if you do and if you get the suspension lift it should straighten it out pretty good. When you replace factory suspension with the new coils it should keep it even. |
|
| Author: | jason thompson [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:02 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Last lift question |
Ron wrote: I've read so much on lifting and the various methods and kits I think I have a terminal headache and I'm more confused now than when I started. So here's my last question:
I want to just level the 03 out, meaning bring the front up to match the rear and upgrade the tire size to fill everything out. I want to do it as right as I can but would prefer to use springs over spacers. Is there a spring kit that drops in that would bring the front up and level it out? As always, big thanks we had the same problem with our '03 a clevis lift helped how every we learned shortly after ,<1 year that we had bad struts I would think real hard about replacing the struts if they have over 50K on them of it does come to that I would just do a full up grade to Old Man Emu suspension it will ride like new and be a little taller around 1.75-2" over new stock or if it is as bad as ours was 2.5"+ in the front from the day befor install |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Clevis lift the front for free to level it w/ stock rear height. |
|
| Author: | spencevans [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
One more vote for the clevis. |
|
| Author: | Ron [ Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sorry for the confusion...I'd like to lift it but I figured if I leveled it out and added some larger tires, it would square it up. Thanks for the info and suggestions. After taking an asprin (for the headache...) and looking at the lifts again I'm leaning towards going a head and doing the complete lift. Sometimes you need a little push. Thanks |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|