LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Final Decision
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22466
Page 1 of 1

Author:  wildrussian [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Final Decision

Well I think I have decided on the set up for the lift that I like and I would like to have everybodies opinion on it.
I decided to go with:
Medium OME springs all the way around from rustys
Rancho Struts RSX1705 for the front from All J's
OME shocks from Rustys for the back (what is the name and the model for these? they are not long kind)

would rancho strus work ok with OME springs?
Please feel free to give me thoughts and opinions and all else that you think I should know before I go and get it.
Thanks guys!

Also big thanks to jason thompson for helping me figure some of this stuff out.

Author:  JJsTJ [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Any reason not to one-stop shop? I would get OME shocks and struts All from All J's and if you Want the extended rear OME's, they only come from All J's. (N132L part number)

Author:  the1jferg [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Better listen to JJ, cause I know which parts you are probably going to be waiting on...RUSTY's

Author:  pokefan [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

the1jferg wrote:
Better listen to JJ, cause I know which parts you are probably going to be waiting on...RUSTY's


X2

Author:  WoodysKJ [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Is there that big of a savings by mixing the shocks, struts and springs?

Why mess with it, u get what u pay for go with the OME set up completely.

Proven value and ride.

Don't be somebodyelse's test vehicle.


WoodysKJ's .02 worth

Author:  jason thompson [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

JJsKJ wrote:
Any reason not to one-stop shop? I would get OME shocks and struts All from All J's and if you Want the extended rear OME's, they only come from All J's. (N132L part number)



the main reason is that Rusty's is cheeper as per their web site and they are stuburn and will take a loss befor they get called a bad name
at least this is what I have found
I also have never had a problem getting stuff from them ,though I live very close to them ,ups picks up from them then it goes to that hub from that hub to the local hub by me then to me not a bunch of stops between them and me

I will say All J's has WAY better customer service

Author:  jason thompson [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

WoodysKJ wrote:
Is there that big of a savings by mixing the shocks, struts and springs?

Why mess with it, u get what u pay for go with the OME set up completely.

Proven value and ride.

Don't be somebodyelse's test vehicle.


WoodysKJ's .02 worth




He is not being the test rig
This is the same set up that I have and have had for 6 months now works great on and off road

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yes you get what you pay for thats why if you look I have the OME heavy duty springs and Rancho struts from AllJs and rear Rancho shocks from Summit Racing, best bang for the buck, By the way I did or am trying the rear springs from Rustys now (bought a used set to try) and I am sitting one inch shorter in the rear and ride is SOFT!!!!!!!!way too soft

Author:  jason thompson [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
Yes you get what you pay for thats why if you look I have the OME heavy duty springs and Rancho struts from AllJs and rear Rancho shocks from Summit Racing, best bang for the buck, By the way I did or am trying the rear springs from Rustys now (bought a used set to try) and I am sitting one inch shorter in the rear and ride is SOFT!!!!!!!!way too soft


well yeah the rear is soft compaired to the front
rustys springs are not that great when new
and are still not as stiff as the OME med springs
with the HD's you will need at least an ARB bumper and Med springs out back

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

I already have had the OME Heavy Duty rears for 35000 miles but all the talk of Rustys I bought a cheap set just to see for myself and then pass them to a friend of mine who wants to be liftd. Just wanted people to know that I love the OMEs and the rest well are not what I like :wink:

Author:  wildrussian [ Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Anybody else?

Author:  PBrug [ Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

I mixed and matched the lift in my sig and could not be happier. My front set-up with the OME HD coils, Rancho's and other stuff resulted in a very good ride. I also shopped around and bought from different places to save a few bucks. I think you'll be happy with an OME/Rancho combo. I'd go with the HD OME springs, but the Med's may be fine as well.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/