| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Question of should I? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22791 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Question of should I? |
I was wondering if I should get the Al's upper arms and the Yukon rear axles for my CRD? what will I gain by doing that? should I even bother or are there other alternatives? I plan on getting the FL II when I get home as well. just would like some insight. |
|
| Author: | Rock Lizard [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I highly recommend the arms for the Frankenlift. For the Yukon axles, that would be a waste of money. You have a 29 spline 8.25, and will probably never run bigger than 32's/265's. The 29 spline 8.25 will handle 35" tires without issue. Spend the money on something else, like lockers or gears. |
|
| Author: | raceinfan [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
or a down payment on a RL rear bumper |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree w/ the above. You can also carry around One spare 8.25 axle shaft as it will fit either side since they are same length (if you are worried). The chances of breaking one are still slim. I only know of one person that broke a rear shaft and he was Getting It! in his CRD....he also had just broke the front diff when the rear shaft went. Hearing a CRD turbo spool up still gives me the chills. |
|
| Author: | AZScout [ Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would not get the axles until you break. The stock ones are pretty stout and should hold up just fine unless you do some extreme wheeling. Then you get the Yukon's... With the arms, anything to take some pressure off the front end assembly and give you a true alignment would be beneficial. I echo Marty, get the arms if you have the money and wait on the axles. |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:56 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
raceinfan wrote: or a down payment on a RL rear bumper
oh thats already in the works ok, now for the UCA from AL, does he still make them, i thought i read somewhere he sold the biz? |
|
| Author: | Rock Lizard [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
0311_DoC wrote: raceinfan wrote: or a down payment on a RL rear bumper oh thats already in the works ok, now for the UCA from AL, does he still make them, i thought i read somewhere he sold the biz? They are still available from the company that bought Al's business. This new generation of arms are a huge improvement over the last two gens. They are made of beefier tubing, and come powdercoated black. They retail for $400 shipped, but you can get them for less somewhere else, just like the All J stuff. |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:11 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rock Lizard wrote: 0311_DoC wrote: raceinfan wrote: or a down payment on a RL rear bumper oh thats already in the works ok, now for the UCA from AL, does he still make them, i thought i read somewhere he sold the biz? They are still available from the company that bought Al's business. This new generation of arms are a huge improvement over the last two gens. They are made of beefier tubing, and come powdercoated black. They retail for $400 shipped, but you can get them for less somewhere else, just like the All J stuff. Well then I might have to add them to the order from that "guy" who makes that Kick stupid bumper then |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
So on another note, I spoke with Heather via email, and told her that I wanted her shop to do the install on the FL II, should I just have them throw the UCA's in while doing the lift and kill 2 birds with one stone? |
|
| Author: | Rock Lizard [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
0311_DoC wrote: So on another note, I spoke with Heather via email, and told her that I wanted her shop to do the install on the FL II, should I just have them throw the UCA's in while doing the lift and kill 2 birds with one stone?
It would be easier. |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:18 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rock Lizard wrote: I highly recommend the arms for the Frankenlift.
What about for the Daystar spacer lift? Or should these just be a standard consideration for any lifted KJ to restore the ability to properly align the front end? |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Rock Lizard wrote: 0311_DoC wrote: So on another note, I spoke with Heather via email, and told her that I wanted her shop to do the install on the FL II, should I just have them throw the UCA's in while doing the lift and kill 2 birds with one stone? It would be easier. Well I guess I need to ask Heather, on her thoughts, if they will do it at All J while doing the FL II install |
|
| Author: | Signcutter21 [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I agree, put the arms on when you get the lift installed. One they have to break the ball joint apart for the lift, "half" the work is done. Secondly, it's a more cost effective approach. Your going to have to get an alignment after the lift and after install of the arms, take care of it in one shot. Save money there and on holding off on the axels and swap in new lower ball joints while its all apart. cant wait to see it when you get back. We'll have to hit S.V. again. mike |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Signcutter21 wrote: I agree, put the arms on when you get the lift installed. One they have to break the ball joint apart for the lift, "half" the work is done. Secondly, it's a more cost effective approach. Your going to have to get an alignment after the lift and after install of the arms, take care of it in one shot. Save money there and on holding off on the axels and swap in new lower ball joints while its all apart. cant wait to see it when you get back. We'll have to hit S.V. again.
mike so i should get lower ball joints as well? where do i get em and what kind? |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Sat Jul 28, 2007 3:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
0311_DoC wrote: Signcutter21 wrote: I agree, put the arms on when you get the lift installed. One they have to break the ball joint apart for the lift, "half" the work is done. Secondly, it's a more cost effective approach. Your going to have to get an alignment after the lift and after install of the arms, take care of it in one shot. Save money there and on holding off on the axels and swap in new lower ball joints while its all apart. cant wait to see it when you get back. We'll have to hit S.V. again. mike so i should get lower ball joints as well? where do i get em and what kind? are those the moogs that i have read about? Anybody???? |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Yes. This is them: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... =mog-k3199 |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Dje Ryu wrote: Yes. This is them: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... =mog-k3199
So how many do I need to order? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I went to a local parts store and ordered mine same price as Summit although dealing with a great OHIO company is always good as well! |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
0311_DoC wrote: Dje Ryu wrote: Yes. This is them: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetai ... =mog-k3199 So how many do I need to order? 2, one per side |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Heather emailed me this question: checked into the Moog K3199's and I was told that they work fine for GAS model KJs, but not with the CRDs. ?? Have you heard of anyone using these on their CRD? Does any body know the answer? |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|