It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Burning KJ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:48 pm 
Offline
Mr. Machine
Mr. Machine
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:15 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Sebastopol CA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQfWg-tqKI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:15 am
Posts: 1111
Location: Erial, NJ
I thought this was going to be the same guy who said if he got enough donations he'd burn his KJ... or something...

_________________
Have fun out there.

2003 Cactus Green Renegade w/ NP231 & NV3550
Al's 4th Gen UCAs
Custom 3.5" Lift
Rear DTT
Spidertraxed 245/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:08 pm
Posts: 1645
Location: St Charles IL
:shock:

I'm surprised with all those truckers and passerbys no highway patrol/police showed up...

_________________
2008 Xterra 4x4

1986 CJ7
Lots of custom stuff...

Gone, But not Forgotten...
2003 Sport - 'Fire Engine' Red
Detours KJ Backbone
Skids
Boulder Bars
JBA 4.5 A Arms
245/75/16 Wrangler Duratracs's on Cragar Soft 8’s
Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers
Superwinch LP 8500
Frankenlifted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 1667
I wonder if that's the KJ of that fellow member who posted recently that said his KJ burned down on highway. What was that topic..

_________________
NYC L.O.S.T.# 022174 -
Check out my Image CarDomain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 8052
Location: Kentuckeeee
Thats a sad sight. Gosh, I need to get an extinguisher! I keep saying it and I will sometime. :?

_________________
LOST KJ'S
Where are you going???
Current Jeep: 2004 Jeep Liberty
-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:45 am 
Offline
I live here
I live here
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:59 pm
Posts: 5839
Location: Aurora, CO
Notice how the grill lasted a long time (last). Jeep symbol didn't want to give up.

_________________
===
New KJ Gear - Desert Armor Flak

2004 Renegade Light Khaki - 4" JBA Lift - Rock Lizard Products: Komodo Dragon Rear Bumper, Prototype Winch-mount Front Bumper, Super Skink Sliders - All J's Super Tranny Skid II - 31" Firestone Destination AT's on Moab wheels - Cobra 75W CB w/ stock Antenna mod

[b]Retired, US Military


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 am 
Offline
Master of the Blender
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:21 pm
Posts: 2804
Location: Margaritaville
hyedipin wrote:
I wonder if that's the KJ of that fellow member who posted recently that said his KJ burned down on highway. What was that topic..

Libertyman over on jeepkj.com. Here's a link to the thread, but he says his went up at night. Don't know who the poor soul is that drove the one in matty's video...

_________________
Kevin
AD5VG
Just another red Jeep in the world...
L.O.S.T. #KB051963


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:48 am 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 437
Location: Rocky Top Tennessee
Is there a recall that we should know about that can cause a flame like that? NOT COOL :cry:

_________________
05 Liberty 4x4, Atlantic Blue
Extended Breathers
3/4 Mopar Skids
OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 1297
Location: Minneapolis, MN
That thing burned pretty darn fast.

_________________
"I'm the guy who does his job, you must be the other guy"
02 Black UNlimited Edition 4X4 Select Trac Liberty Towing/Off Road Packages 245/75/16 on black Moabs
RL diff cover/Super Skink sliders, Rusty's 2.5" Coil Lift w/ clevis lift, Roof basket W/Hella FF75...
On the prowl for an M416/M101/M100 trailer
L.O.S.T. Member 2877


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
wildrussian wrote:
Is there a recall that we should know about that can cause a flame like that? NOT COOL :cry:


Probably the blower motor for the heat/ac. I believe I remember reading that the 05's wouldn't be recalled until next spring.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 1391
Location: Felton, DE
Marshmallows anyone? :(

_________________
06 White KJ Sport 4x4 :JEEPIN:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2432458/1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:27 am 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:25 pm
Posts: 301
Location: Melbourne, FL
Funny a Jeep Cherokee went by in the video. I had a lifted '88 with a manual tranny a few years ago. The clutch master cylinder went out, dumped fluid on the wire harness. I thought I had cleaned everything good. Well weeks go by, one day the wife at that time called and said she smelled smoke. Then minutes later, it caught fire. Completely destroyed everything but the suspension. Do I carry an extinguisher now?.......... um no......... I really should after seeing this video. :lol:

_________________
2002 KJ 4X4, 3.7, 5 speed, offroad pkg, loaded, Moabs and Hankook A/Ts, Kenwood/ Alpine sound. Tommudd 3.5" econo lift and JBA A arms


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:20 am
Posts: 211
Location: Calgary
LOL, thanks for the vid. My wife has been putting off the blower motor recall. I showed her that video and she just got off the phone with an appointment.

_________________
In an epic quest for the perfect Diesel Liberty.
2002 Land Rover Discovery 2 SE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:26 am 
Offline
Jeep-O-Caching
Jeep-O-Caching
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:41 am
Posts: 1815
Location: Northern Virginia
what model/years have this recall? my 05 seems clean on the Jeep website recall list.

_________________
Jason
----------
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:35 pm 
Offline
KJ / JK Whatever
KJ / JK Whatever
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:20 pm
Posts: 931
Location: Des Plaines, IL
After watching the video in pain, realized that it may not be a KJ
Too low to be a KJ
Looks like a patriot to me

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:37 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
DryBones wrote:
what model/years have this recall? my 05 seems clean on the Jeep website recall list.


From what I remember the 05s, 06s and early 07s are suspect. But, they are recalling them in stages. 05s were last on the list so they won't show up on the recall list, yet. I bought my fire ext about a week after reading that article. I think somebody posted about it on here but, I can't find it anymore.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:45 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:19 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Vail Valley
Was that a gasser or CRD? I want to know what turned that thing into a complete fire ball?

I hope everyone was OK and it didn't contain too many personal items, sounded like they moved their bags just next to the fire and someone has a burned laptop. That's never fun..

_________________
Black '06 CRD: 2.5" OME lift, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Warn m8000 on custom bumper. NEW Falken Ziex S/TZ04 245/75/16's Scored a smokin' deal @ http://www.tirezoneusa.com

OD '48 Willys CJ2a: fresh motor, new wiring harness, stainless exhaust, bestop, 34" TSLs and about 200 hours into the thing, possibly FOR SALE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:19 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Vail Valley
KJ-BOL wrote:
After watching the video in pain, realized that it may not be a KJ
Too low to be a KJ
Looks like a patriot to me


That's because the tires melted first, look at the bumper and you can tell it's a KJ. As for the rest of it...

_________________
Black '06 CRD: 2.5" OME lift, Aero Turbine Exhaust, Warn m8000 on custom bumper. NEW Falken Ziex S/TZ04 245/75/16's Scored a smokin' deal @ http://www.tirezoneusa.com

OD '48 Willys CJ2a: fresh motor, new wiring harness, stainless exhaust, bestop, 34" TSLs and about 200 hours into the thing, possibly FOR SALE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:30 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 503
Location: Richmond, CA
CRDburnouts wrote:
Was that a gasser or CRD? I want to know what turned that thing into a complete fire ball?

I hope everyone was OK and it didn't contain too many personal items, sounded like they moved their bags just next to the fire and someone has a burned laptop. That's never fun..


It was a 2005 Renegade, therefore a gasser, if you look at the front bumper you can see one of the foglights. Also no foglights in the grill.

_________________
2005 Blue KJ Renegade
Too big to fit into most LA parking garages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: That Scary
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:51 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:31 am
Posts: 1029
Location: Lakewood, Colorado
I didn't think a car or any vehicle could go up like that without an excelerant. I spent many years in the Paint industry and on more then 1 occassion, Kicked rags away and on one occassion grabbed a guy and though us both out of a ground floor window to get away from spontaneous combustion. Solvent soaked rags stacked in a pile and catching the sun with just enough heat to burst into flames. The time I went through the window, I was in a custom home being built with a libaray of fine oak Paneling. The painter was spraying lacquer and the air was thick with over spray, I was with one of my salesmen (I was the store manager at the young age of 25) I said to the painter shouldn't you have those rags in a fire can and better ventilation? The painter turned to my salesman and said Shut that young punk up, At that point the rags burst into flames and with the lacquer fumes in the room was like a flash fire (Like back draft). I grabbed my saleman and through us both out the window. Amazingly the painter singed and coughing came out the same window, It took 3 big guys to pull me off his stupid as Beat the snot out of him. That Jeep fire is to much like what I've been through, but excelerant was needed . :shock: :x :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com