LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Al's Front Sway Bar Disconnects
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25199
Page 1 of 1

Author:  meh_kick [ Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Al's Front Sway Bar Disconnects

Has anyone purchased these? http://jeepinbyal.com/detail.aspx?ID=458

I haven't seen the JKS discos up close, are these pretty similar?

Been thinking about getting a quick disconnect, but rather not have to modify the product to keep from rattling/banging/squeaking etc. right off the bat.

Author:  jerbacher [ Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

theres a set in the for sale section right now. but, i think i'm gonna buy them. only $40 shipped, i dont see how i could go wrong...

Author:  raceinfan [ Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:34 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Al's Front Sway Bar Disconnects

meh_kick wrote:
Has anyone purchased these? http://jeepinbyal.com/detail.aspx?ID=458

I haven't seen the JKS discos up close, are these pretty similar?

Been thinking about getting a quick disconnect, but rather not have to modify the product to keep from rattling/banging/squeaking etc. right off the bat.


they look like the JKS ones ? why don't you shoot them an e-mail & find out :)

Author:  jerbacher [ Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

i'm pretty sure that jeepinbyal.com is just selling jks quicker discos.

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 pm ]
Post subject: 

jerbacher wrote:
i'm pretty sure that jeepinbyal.com is just selling jks quicker discos.


Just going by the pics but, I'd agree.

Author:  Gris [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am ]
Post subject: 

And he has them installed upside down... Or I do.
Image


I just assumed they were the JKS ones.

Author:  jerbacher [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

gris,

you have those? how do you like them? are they noisy, or did you get them to quiet down?

Author:  Gris [ Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 am ]
Post subject: 

Mine are relatively quiet. I really can't say I hear anything from them other than when the lanyard snaps off-road and the bar starts bouncing around, which I fixed by removing the ABS mounting tab from the knuckle.

I never did get noise though, so it's not like i "Fixed" anything to qiuet them down. Or maybe I'm just oblivious. Ther are 2 different times I gut the "Clunk" people report and I don;t think either is related. If I am turning at almost full-lock and get a little bump from either acceleration or a pebble or something, I get a little clunk. I think that's my swaybar bushings/mounts, not the links. The other is when I get on the bakes REALLY hard. not sure what causes that, but everything is tight and the brakes work fine.

Either way, I love em off-road. They're grrrrrrrrrrrrr-8

Author:  jerbacher [ Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 am ]
Post subject: 

cool, thanks. i figure im putting up with plenty of sounds and strange behavior out of the vehicle as it is, so a little more cant hurt right? its not like i'm going to be ruining my vehicles cushy ride and silent interior... :lol: :roll:

Author:  jerbacher [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

hey gris,

how do you hold these up when they are disconnected? i notice that they have a pin on the top and on the bottom, which one do you remove? or both? i just got these in the mail and am trying to figure out how they install and work. thanks!

Author:  Pablo [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_qrd_pn5100.pdf

Here are the install instructions for the JKS disco's. Procedure should be similar or the same for Al's as they look identical.

Author:  jerbacher [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pablo wrote:
http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_qrd_pn5100.pdf

Here are the install instructions for the JKS disco's. Procedure should be similar or the same for Al's as they look identical.


thanks! actually these discos didnt even come from jeepinal. they are straight up jks, i just got them second hand.

Author:  tommudd [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:

Author:  jerbacher [ Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:


ha ha! that didnt take you long! good to know you're on top of it. :D

Author:  Gris [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23 am ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:


Use threadlok. I lost 2 of the pins at different times before I figured out that I never added it for some reason when I installed them. Haven't lost one since.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/