| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Burning KJ http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25252 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | lilmatty [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Burning KJ |
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sQfWg-tqKI |
|
| Author: | BeepBeepJeepJeep [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I thought this was going to be the same guy who said if he got enough donations he'd burn his KJ... or something... |
|
| Author: | callaway [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm surprised with all those truckers and passerbys no highway patrol/police showed up... |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I wonder if that's the KJ of that fellow member who posted recently that said his KJ burned down on highway. What was that topic.. |
|
| Author: | Jeepjeepster [ Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thats a sad sight. Gosh, I need to get an extinguisher! I keep saying it and I will sometime. |
|
| Author: | Tokyojoe [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:45 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Notice how the grill lasted a long time (last). Jeep symbol didn't want to give up. |
|
| Author: | corwyyn [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
hyedipin wrote: I wonder if that's the KJ of that fellow member who posted recently that said his KJ burned down on highway. What was that topic..
Libertyman over on jeepkj.com. Here's a link to the thread, but he says his went up at night. Don't know who the poor soul is that drove the one in matty's video... |
|
| Author: | wildrussian [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Is there a recall that we should know about that can cause a flame like that? NOT COOL |
|
| Author: | Maximum Carnage [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
That thing burned pretty darn fast. |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
wildrussian wrote: Is there a recall that we should know about that can cause a flame like that? NOT COOL
Probably the blower motor for the heat/ac. I believe I remember reading that the 05's wouldn't be recalled until next spring. |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Marshmallows anyone? |
|
| Author: | KJScott [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Funny a Jeep Cherokee went by in the video. I had a lifted '88 with a manual tranny a few years ago. The clutch master cylinder went out, dumped fluid on the wire harness. I thought I had cleaned everything good. Well weeks go by, one day the wife at that time called and said she smelled smoke. Then minutes later, it caught fire. Completely destroyed everything but the suspension. Do I carry an extinguisher now?.......... um no......... I really should after seeing this video. |
|
| Author: | Alak [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
LOL, thanks for the vid. My wife has been putting off the blower motor recall. I showed her that video and she just got off the phone with an appointment. |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
what model/years have this recall? my 05 seems clean on the Jeep website recall list. |
|
| Author: | KJ-BOL [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
After watching the video in pain, realized that it may not be a KJ Too low to be a KJ Looks like a patriot to me |
|
| Author: | Dje Ryu [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
DryBones wrote: what model/years have this recall? my 05 seems clean on the Jeep website recall list.
From what I remember the 05s, 06s and early 07s are suspect. But, they are recalling them in stages. 05s were last on the list so they won't show up on the recall list, yet. I bought my fire ext about a week after reading that article. I think somebody posted about it on here but, I can't find it anymore. |
|
| Author: | CRDburnouts [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Was that a gasser or CRD? I want to know what turned that thing into a complete fire ball? I hope everyone was OK and it didn't contain too many personal items, sounded like they moved their bags just next to the fire and someone has a burned laptop. That's never fun.. |
|
| Author: | CRDburnouts [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ-BOL wrote: After watching the video in pain, realized that it may not be a KJ
Too low to be a KJ Looks like a patriot to me That's because the tires melted first, look at the bumper and you can tell it's a KJ. As for the rest of it... |
|
| Author: | carroll952 [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
CRDburnouts wrote: Was that a gasser or CRD? I want to know what turned that thing into a complete fire ball?
I hope everyone was OK and it didn't contain too many personal items, sounded like they moved their bags just next to the fire and someone has a burned laptop. That's never fun.. It was a 2005 Renegade, therefore a gasser, if you look at the front bumper you can see one of the foglights. Also no foglights in the grill. |
|
| Author: | Rush345 [ Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | That Scary |
I didn't think a car or any vehicle could go up like that without an excelerant. I spent many years in the Paint industry and on more then 1 occassion, Kicked rags away and on one occassion grabbed a guy and though us both out of a ground floor window to get away from spontaneous combustion. Solvent soaked rags stacked in a pile and catching the sun with just enough heat to burst into flames. The time I went through the window, I was in a custom home being built with a libaray of fine oak Paneling. The painter was spraying lacquer and the air was thick with over spray, I was with one of my salesmen (I was the store manager at the young age of 25) I said to the painter shouldn't you have those rags in a fire can and better ventilation? The painter turned to my salesman and said Shut that young punk up, At that point the rags burst into flames and with the lacquer fumes in the room was like a flash fire (Like back draft). I grabbed my saleman and through us both out the window. Amazingly the painter singed and coughing came out the same window, It took 3 big guys to pull me off his stupid as Beat the snot out of him. That Jeep fire is to much like what I've been through, but excelerant was needed . |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|