It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Al's Front Sway Bar Disconnects
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 24, 2006 12:32 pm
Posts: 885
Location: Cincinnati-ish, Ohio
Has anyone purchased these? http://jeepinbyal.com/detail.aspx?ID=458

I haven't seen the JKS discos up close, are these pretty similar?

Been thinking about getting a quick disconnect, but rather not have to modify the product to keep from rattling/banging/squeaking etc. right off the bat.

_________________
'04 Renegade 4x4
L.O.S.T. #058466
Car Domain, Updated: 2/23/2009
===_oooo
(_l_|_,\____\,_
{----__---_(olllllllo)
()_)"""""()_)--"--)_)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:00 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
theres a set in the for sale section right now. but, i think i'm gonna buy them. only $40 shipped, i dont see how i could go wrong...

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Al's Front Sway Bar Disconnects
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Posts: 2202
Location: Fall River,MA
meh_kick wrote:
Has anyone purchased these? http://jeepinbyal.com/detail.aspx?ID=458

I haven't seen the JKS discos up close, are these pretty similar?

Been thinking about getting a quick disconnect, but rather not have to modify the product to keep from rattling/banging/squeaking etc. right off the bat.


they look like the JKS ones ? why don't you shoot them an e-mail & find out :)

_________________
PETE
ADMINISTRATOR
L.O.S.T. 4 LIFE
04 COLUMBIA ED. & 04 SPORT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:35 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
i'm pretty sure that jeepinbyal.com is just selling jks quicker discos.

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:25 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
Posts: 1325
Location: Casper, Wyoming
jerbacher wrote:
i'm pretty sure that jeepinbyal.com is just selling jks quicker discos.


Just going by the pics but, I'd agree.

_________________
Ron


"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:54 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 802
Location: 15 acres of goodness in Fleetville, PA
And he has them installed upside down... Or I do.
Image


I just assumed they were the JKS ones.

_________________
-oooooo- ---Craig, L.O.S.T. #CT068103
/______\ ---http://jeep.allgris.com
O||||||||O ---'02 Sport 4x4, 5-spd,
[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:09 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
gris,

you have those? how do you like them? are they noisy, or did you get them to quiet down?

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 802
Location: 15 acres of goodness in Fleetville, PA
Mine are relatively quiet. I really can't say I hear anything from them other than when the lanyard snaps off-road and the bar starts bouncing around, which I fixed by removing the ABS mounting tab from the knuckle.

I never did get noise though, so it's not like i "Fixed" anything to qiuet them down. Or maybe I'm just oblivious. Ther are 2 different times I gut the "Clunk" people report and I don;t think either is related. If I am turning at almost full-lock and get a little bump from either acceleration or a pebble or something, I get a little clunk. I think that's my swaybar bushings/mounts, not the links. The other is when I get on the bakes REALLY hard. not sure what causes that, but everything is tight and the brakes work fine.

Either way, I love em off-road. They're grrrrrrrrrrrrr-8

_________________
-oooooo- ---Craig, L.O.S.T. #CT068103
/______\ ---http://jeep.allgris.com
O||||||||O ---'02 Sport 4x4, 5-spd,
[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:04 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
cool, thanks. i figure im putting up with plenty of sounds and strange behavior out of the vehicle as it is, so a little more cant hurt right? its not like i'm going to be ruining my vehicles cushy ride and silent interior... :lol: :roll:

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:21 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
hey gris,

how do you hold these up when they are disconnected? i notice that they have a pin on the top and on the bottom, which one do you remove? or both? i just got these in the mail and am trying to figure out how they install and work. thanks!

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:58 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict

Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 pm
Posts: 1201
http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_qrd_pn5100.pdf

Here are the install instructions for the JKS disco's. Procedure should be similar or the same for Al's as they look identical.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Pablo wrote:
http://www.jksmfg.com/support/install_qrd_pn5100.pdf

Here are the install instructions for the JKS disco's. Procedure should be similar or the same for Al's as they look identical.


thanks! actually these discos didnt even come from jeepinal. they are straight up jks, i just got them second hand.

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:58 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:13 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 12:40 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
tommudd wrote:
OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:


ha ha! that didnt take you long! good to know you're on top of it. :D

_________________
-Jon-
02 Jeep Liberty - LOST Trail Tested Edition - sold
09 VW Tiguan 4motion - current


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:23 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:50 am
Posts: 802
Location: 15 acres of goodness in Fleetville, PA
tommudd wrote:
OK Jon I have read the directions and am ready for the install! :wink:


Use threadlok. I lost 2 of the pins at different times before I figured out that I never added it for some reason when I installed them. Haven't lost one since.

_________________
-oooooo- ---Craig, L.O.S.T. #CT068103
/______\ ---http://jeep.allgris.com
O||||||||O ---'02 Sport 4x4, 5-spd,
[]--------[] ---2.5" BDS lift, 245/75/16 MT/Rs, Moab Rims, Locked and Regeared!
[]_____[] ---The list got to long, go to my web site for more!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com