LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

how do you get to the top strut bolts???
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25515
Page 1 of 1

Author:  buns79 [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:28 pm ]
Post subject:  how do you get to the top strut bolts???

Im installing rustys lift and I cant get to the two bolts under the battery tray is there a trick or do I have to take the tray out. I sure hope not because that means the whole inner fender has to come out!

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

im pretty sure its 2 to remove the battery and 2 for the tray, but im sure someone else will chime in and know for sure

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

gotta take the tray out. I believe I had to use a few extensions to get it out.

I dont have a pic of the drivers side(with battery), but you need to take it all out so you can easily get to the bolts.

Image

One bolt takes the battery out and 3 I believe for the tray.

edit:

Found some more pics. And I was right, its one for the battery and 3 for the tray.

Image

Image

Author:  Rock Lizard [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

Two for the battery and three nuts for the tray. You don't have to take the liner out. And you will need an extension for the front nut of the tray. On the passenger side, just disconnect the tube to the air box, then pull the air box straight up.

Author:  Dje Ryu [ Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

You definitely don't need to take the fenders off. just 3 bolts for the battery tray (you need the long extension to get to the one in the front, its down towards the base of the wheel well... I think... I had my brother doing that part while I was disassembling underneath), then pull it out (there's some rubber grommets that make it seem like it is still bolted but, just pull. ;) )putting it back is almost as much fun.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/