| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Mounting Bracket for roof basket http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25540 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | wildrussian [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Mounting Bracket for roof basket |
This should safe some money on the crossbars if they will work ---- http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=281&plID=0&partID=15091 Anybody tried them? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I would like to see a set on a Liberty first, not sure how they have them attaching ??? Tom |
|
| Author: | hyedipin [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 3:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't think they will work. Do you have the roof basket? Check my pictures, the roof basket is narrower than our roof and I wouldn't rely on that tiny bracket to hold it. I would suggest either spend $50 on aftermarket cross bars (instead of $25 on something you don't know if it will work) or just try to find original brackets. There are also some U bolts for sale on Amazon, but I am sure they won't work either. If you have the roof rack with the extensions on the side to mount on the stock rails then you can use any kind of metal to mount and secure it. Just make it non-slip with some sticky stuff. http://www.amazon.com/Valley-90490-U-BO ... 904&sr=8-4 |
|
| Author: | myjeepwalks [ Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Mounting Bracket for roof basket |
wildrussian wrote: This should safe some money on the crossbars if they will work ---- http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?jeep-sid=281&plID=0&partID=15091 Anybody tried them?
Guess it all depends which rack you get. That website says its for the defender rack. My coleman rack is not wide enough to reach out to the side rails for that to work. It has to sit on the cross bars. I also wanted the cross bars so i can get the bike rack to put up there. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|