LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Pre-lowered KJ's
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25550
Page 1 of 1

Author:  PaU-MWolverine [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Pre-lowered KJ's

Hi everyone. I'm fairly new here, so maybe this is an odd question... here goes.

I'm reading on the threads about "prelowered" KJ's. Can someone please fill me in here? Maybe how my '02 Sport fits in with this discussion? Thanks in advance for any information.

Steve

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

they lowered the KJ's towards the end of '02 by 3/4" cant remember the date they lowered, but post the month yours was assembled and someone can tell you

Author:  carroll952 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

Pre-Lowered - Early 2002 model KJs were 3/4" taller than lowered KJs, they were manufactured before April 2, 2002.

Check this thread if you see some terms that you don't know.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=2405

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:19 pm ]
Post subject: 

here ya go, April 12th 2002 they lowered the KJ by 3/4",so if yours was built before that date you have a Pre-Lowered KJ, after that date you have a lowered KJ.

Author:  carroll952 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:22 pm ]
Post subject: 

jsc7002 wrote:
here ya go, April 12th 2002 they lowered the KJ by 3/4",so if yours was built before that date you have a Pre-Lowered KJ, after that date you have a lowered KJ.


It's the 12th? Hmm, maybe someone should change the Acronyms post.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

And to find the date your KJ was made open the drivers door and there is a sticker on the edge,it will have the month and year(mine is 02/02),to get more specific then that look on the left lower part of the label,it will have a MDH (month,day,hour in military time) number,this will give you the day it was born on(mine is 02141900-----feb 14th at 7pm).


And yes it is April 12th 2002.

Author:  PaU-MWolverine [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

carroll952 wrote:
Pre-Lowered - Early 2002 model KJs were 3/4" taller than lowered KJs, they were manufactured before April 2, 2002.

Check this thread if you see some terms that you don't know.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=2405



Thanks to all for the info! And, especially for the above link. Now I've got to check for the date of manufacture - it'll be close, I bought mine in 5/02.

Author:  Albert [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:28 pm ]
Post subject: 

All I ever heard before was April 2002. No day. Now you guys are saying April 2 and April 12th?? So now you got me curious. Which is it??

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Albert wrote:
All I ever heard before was April 2002. No day. Now you guys are saying April 2 and April 12th?? So now you got me curious. Which is it??
It's april 12th 2002.

Author:  Albert [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Albert wrote:
All I ever heard before was April 2002. No day. Now you guys are saying April 2 and April 12th?? So now you got me curious. Which is it??
It's april 12th 2002.


Thanks.

Author:  carroll952 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Albert wrote:
All I ever heard before was April 2002. No day. Now you guys are saying April 2 and April 12th?? So now you got me curious. Which is it??
It's april 12th 2002.


I'd trust Troy's date more, he's much more familiar with the differences between the models. I just copied and pasted the entry from the acronym post.

Author:  PaU-MWolverine [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

After checking the label, my KJ was "born" on 4/25/02 @ 01:00. So I have a lowered model, by 3/4". How will that affect my OME lift when it is done in 2 weeks? More clearance, less, not at all? I'd like to know about anyone's experience. Thanks!

Steve

Author:  carroll952 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

PaU-MWolverine wrote:
After checking the label, my KJ was "born" on 4/25/02 @ 01:00. So I have a lowered model, by 3/4". How will that affect my OME lift when it is done in 2 weeks? More clearance, less, not at all? I'd like to know about anyone's experience. Thanks!

Steve


No effect at all. The springs on the lowered model are 3/4" shorter, you are replacing those springs. There is no difference between a pre-lowered and a lowered with the same lift.

Edit, I should correct myself, no difference if they have the same spring lift. A spacer lift retains the original springs.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

PaU-MWolverine wrote:
After checking the label, my KJ was "born" on 4/25/02 @ 01:00. So I have a lowered model, by 3/4". How will that affect my OME lift when it is done in 2 weeks? More clearance, less, not at all? I'd like to know about anyone's experience. Thanks!

Steve
When adding a coil lift it does not matter,pre-lowered or lowered will be the same hieght,ARB lists the OME lift at 40mm and that is for the lowered KJ,so a pre-lowered KJ will get only about 20mm-22mm of lift.On spacer only lifts the pre-lowered KJ's will always be 3/4" taller then a lowered KJ with the same spacer lift.

Author:  PaU-MWolverine [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

That makes total sense to me. Thanks for the clear explanations guys, I appreciate it very much.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

lol i didnt know i copied tjkj2002 from another post of the same question

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/