| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Mopar Skids where to get them http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29848 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Sport [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Mopar Skids where to get them |
Where is a good place to get Mopar skids for my 06? |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
first try a wanted post here and over at jeepkj.com, and there is also a web site to get them at a fairly good price, I cant remember what its called though someone will post it though, oh wait I think its called jparts.com |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yep its jparts, here are the skids: t-case-$41 http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0 transmission-$41 http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0 gas tank-$98 http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0 front suspension-$65 http://jparts.com/product_info.php?prod ... 4a8a2ce5e0 ***keep in mind that these are only 1/8" thick, for a comparsion the super skid is 1/4"...but they dont make it any more |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:25 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
and free shipping with orders over 75 bucks |
|
| Author: | jason thompson [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Just my .02 on it all the OE skids do a fine job but I would not piss away the $40 on the tranny skid I had one built after I saw a brand new OE tranny skid bend like a taco after 1 hit and it was not even a hard hit I have offered to have the one I have "put in production" with a firm commitment of 5 or more I will have it modified with out riggers for even more strength |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were? Having never really off roaded my jeep before I think the mopars will do me well for now and they aren't so expensive where if I want to upgrade I would feel that this was wasted money. Lately I have been getting the itch to take the jeep somewhere, I don't know anyone with a jeep but my buddy is looking to pick up a used renegade and hopefully he gets it soon. Anyone feel like going for a ride, I live in DE. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were? My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".
|
|
| Author: | Sport [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tjkj2002 wrote: Quote: great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were? My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".cool, I feel better. Looks like alot of people are looking for used skids, I think I just might get them through j parts. Which ones would be most vital? I was thinking for now gas tank and front, maybe getting a better tranny skid later on. Do you need a skid for the transfer case? |
|
| Author: | _UnLiMiTeD_ [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
from the factory mine came with the front, gas and transfer case but no tranny skid. |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Sport wrote: tjkj2002 wrote: Quote: great thanks! I heard that the new Mopars skids are not as beafy as they used to be. is 1/8 thinner then what they were? My OEM front skid(came standard on my '02) was 1/8" thick,the front mounts where 3/16".The other skids have always been 1/8".cool, I feel better. Looks like alot of people are looking for used skids, I think I just might get them through j parts. Which ones would be most vital? I was thinking for now gas tank and front, maybe getting a better tranny skid later on. Do you need a skid for the transfer case? |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
bump |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|