| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Daystar lift is in!! http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30342 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | Daystar lift is in!! |
Using KJ Taz & TonyCRD's write ups here in the forum, I was able to get the lift in! The write-ups were great and for a guy that never wrenched on a vehicle before and a guy that never did a lift, we did great! Before:
During:
After:
I know things will settle some but I love the new look! I will try and take some better pictures tomorrow, but as you can tell, I'm no photographer!! |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Good job!! Makes you feel good to do it yourself doesn't it! you need fog lights on there now Tom |
|
| Author: | dloc_jeep_KJ [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks good but u are right it will settle out. every time u mess with the supensions and set it back down it looks higher. drive it or better wheel it and it will settle out some. good job doing it yourself. |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: Good job!! Makes you feel good to do it yourself doesn't it!
you need fog lights on there now Tom Thanks Tom, It feels great! Don't know if I'd ever want to do another, but I'm glad I did it myself. PM me and let me know what do you want for the fogs, I'll try and dig up some money! |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
dloc_jeep_KJ wrote: looks good but u are right it will settle out. every time u mess with the supensions and set it back down it looks higher. drive it or better wheel it and it will settle out some. good job doing it yourself.
Thanks dloc! I've been reading the threads here for a while and thanks to the write ups and people on the forums, I finally mustered up the guts to try it. Learned alot doing it I can say |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
PMd you on the bumper/fogs |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
tommudd wrote: PMd you on the bumper/fogs
You got mail! |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Nice job. That was a great deal on your lift, too. I was a little worried that it was "too good to be true" but it was obviously as advertised. |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great looking.......CONGRATS! Now about that 37 Packard! Pics? Terry |
|
| Author: | Jeep4me99 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:12 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
That looks really good! Daystar definately makes some good products. So what did ya use the blowtorch for??? |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fulltimer wrote: Great looking.......CONGRATS! Now about that 37 Packard! Pics?
Terry Not mine (I wish), it's my boss', my friend takes care of it for him. [quote="Jeep4me99"]That looks really good! Daystar definately makes some good products. So what did ya use the blowtorch for???[/quote] Removing excess oil and gas from the engine block......... No really, KJ Taz used a blow dryer to heat up the bump stops, we didn't have one so we used the torch. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks good! |
|
| Author: | scarletbegonias [ Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks nice! keep us posted on it's -behavior- |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
So far so good, but I did figure out one thing tonight that no one has said in the write-ups, Do Not Forget To Re-adjust Your Head Lights!!! I was driving around tonight and everyone kept flashing their lights at me |
|
| Author: | tonycrd [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
And I forgot to tell you to get a front wheel alignment after about a week or so. Sorry. Updated the how to. |
|
| Author: | LibertyFever [ Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:09 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Daystar lift is in!! |
501 wrote: Using KJ Taz & TonyCRD's write ups here in the forum, I was able to get the lift in! The write-ups were great and for a guy that never wrenched on a vehicle before and a guy that never did a lift, we did great!
I like your results. Makes me want to run out and buy a lift kit. Now where did I put my VISA card? What's next? bigger tires? Which spacer kit did you install? a Daystar 2.5"? Did you have to put in new rear shocks? And where can I find "KJ Taz & TonyCRD's write ups"? |
|
| Author: | Jeep Dawg [ Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:24 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks good man. I just did my Frankenlift this past sunday with my brother inlaw and man it was a fun day. Before Frankenlift: After Frankenlift: Thank god for all the great postings on the lifting of our KJ's I love this place[/img] |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Daystar lift is in!! |
LibertyFever wrote: I like your results. Makes me want to run out and buy a lift kit. Now where did I put my VISA card?
What's next? bigger tires? Which spacer kit did you install? a Daystar 2.5"? Did you have to put in new rear shocks? And where can I find "KJ Taz & TonyCRD's write ups"? Tires will have to wait, I just bought them a few months ago so I can't justify spending the money for more when these are still good. I have a few minor mods I want to do that hopefully won't cost to much, but haven't decided on which first (beside front tow point). As for what kit I bought, it was the 2.5" Daystar for 159.00 from Jeeperz-Creeperz http://www.jeeperz-creeperz.com/comfort-ride-lift-p-3972.html?osCsid=1b3478c19d5ff627d3eaaf3a7d594f71 Here's the links to the write-ups I used: TonyCRD's write-up: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=29217 KJ Taz's write-up: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=26190 Clevis lift write-up: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=168 Didn't end up doing this one. I bought some Skyjacker shocks for the rear from Jags (not sure about the url for that site, but they should be easy to google). |
|
| Author: | 501 [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:27 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks GREAT Dawg! Hope to find me some of them Reni Lights some day at a good price! |
|
| Author: | Rush345 [ Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:34 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fulltimer wrote: Great looking.......CONGRATS! Now about that 37 Packard! Pics?
Terry I Agree 110% I want to see some more of your Packard, it looks like a beauty at first glance now there is a ride to covet |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|