LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

2 possible lift choices
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30397
Page 1 of 2

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:59 am ]
Post subject:  2 possible lift choices

I went down to Les Schwab and got a quote for 2 different lifts, both 2 Inch. The first on is a Tuff Country #42025 for $525 and the second is a RevTek #580 for $605. Both prices include tax, installation, and alignment. Which one of these should I get, or should I steer clear from both of them. I just want a cheap lift while I save up for a bigger or better (possibly SFA) lift. Here are the links for those lifts.
http://www.revtek.com/jeepsusp.asp#580
http://www.tuffcountry.com/jeep-lift-kits/jeep-2001-06-liberty---lift-kits.html

Author:  Frostednutz [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:37 am ]
Post subject: 

daystar! like $157 from jeeperz-creeperz.com you can even install it yourself though if you don't have a hydraulic spring compressor you should take the strut assembly somewhere to get it taken care of...

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:51 am ]
Post subject: 

6 votes so far telling you neither one , hope that tells you something about those lifts. Save up and do it right the first time. Best cheap is a Daystar, next up the line is OME springs Rancho shocks/ struts, then OME springs, shocks, struts and finally a Frankenlift.

Going with one of those lifts at first is like marrying your cousin, sure she maybe cheap and easy , but is that what you want for the long haul? :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  Maximum Carnage [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:35 am ]
Post subject: 

Go with Rusty's or OME

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:26 am ]
Post subject: 

Thanks for the heads up on these. I was dinking around the ARB site and saw that Les Schwab was a dealer for ARB products. I'm gonna head down there later and see if I can get the OME HD springs through them. If I can't I will see if they can install the Daystar lift. I wish I had a lot of free time to do a lift kit install.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:33 am ]
Post subject: 

if your just wanting a good cheap lift i'd go daystar, but for the prices you have listed you might as well as go all out and do OME

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:39 am ]
Post subject: 

Go all out and get a spring lift...OME or Frankenlift. But the best BB is a Daystar.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:40 am ]
Post subject: 

Lift doesnt take long at all, can do most in 3 to 4 hours even if you have never done one before, biggest thing is compressing the front springs. Take them off run them somewhere so someone can do them for you, grab breakfast, pick them back up and by lunch time drive the KJ to lunch!Rear is like a 20 minute to half hour job.

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

If by chance I get only the Emu HD springs how much lift will I get without having a bumper or a winch. Will it be enough to run 245/75R16 on stock rims.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

MidnightLiberty wrote:
If by chance I get only the Emu HD springs how much lift will I get without having a bumper or a winch. Will it be enough to run 245/75R16 on stock rims.
Most get 2" or so from the HD springs,and yes you'll be able to fit 245/75's on the stock rims.

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just came back from Les Schwab. I can get the OME HD springs front and rear installed, with alignment, and labor for somewhere between $570 and $650 depending on the final shipping cost. I ordered them and my appointment is on Next Tuesday. Unfortunately their books couldn't tell them which shocks to put on the rear so I'll probably just get those and put them on myself after the lift is installed.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

rear shocks if you want to go with Ranchos are RSX 17004 , are you upgrading your front struts as well?
Is that the price for just the springs and the labor? :shock:
If so you could save yourself some money and at least do the rear springs /shocks, very easy to do

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

Labor is only $120, but I will just do the shocks myself. Oddly the Les Schwab called the Rancho guy who told them that the 17004's will not fit the Liberty. Something about different ends; however, Les Schwab normally only stocks the Rancho 5000 and 9000 not the RSX. Maybe that's why. I am going to keep the stock struts since they don't need to be replaced. I might replace them once the lift and tires are paid off.

Author:  tommudd [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Different ends , interesting, they maybe just looked at their book and not really knowing that they would fit told you that. You can just pick up a pair and throw them on in no time your self. You would not even have to remove the tires to change them out :wink:

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just read that 2006's might need a brake line relocation bracket. Know anything about that?

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

Very easy to do....get the Rancho 17004 they made for the stock dodge durango, so its not listed under the liberty, but they fit.

Author:  moose [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:50 pm ]
Post subject: 

MidnightLiberty wrote:
I just read that 2006's might need a brake line relocation bracket. Know anything about that?


look about 2/3 down to see the picture. this is just a little bracket to drop you down 2" or so. EASY to fab your own!

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=12860

Author:  ARBSeth [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

N132 OME Shocks...
Rancho's aren't valved specifically for the KJ... and the ends are slilghtly different... they fit but crush down your factory mounts a little. Makes it harder to get something else in there if you ever switch to the best shocks around...

LSTC is authorized to sell OME/ARB. Which store are you using and I'll send them a new applicaiton guide.

Author:  MidnightLiberty [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:10 pm ]
Post subject: 


ARB USA North American Dealer Locations
LES SCHWAB TIRE CENTER
2601 Simpson Ave.
Aberdeen WA US 98520
360-538-0100

It did take me a good 45 minutes to get the OME springs ordered and everything figured out. They had to make about 6 phone calls before they ended up calling ARB Direct. They could really use it. Especially with all the Liberty's around here. Probably end up getting the N132's unless the guys there figure out a shock that they normally carry works.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

MidnightLiberty wrote:

ARB USA North American Dealer Locations
LES SCHWAB TIRE CENTER
2601 Simpson Ave.
Aberdeen WA US 98520
360-538-0100

It did take me a good 45 minutes to get the OME springs ordered and everything figured out. They had to make about 6 phone calls before they ended up calling ARB Direct. They could really use it. Especially with all the Liberty's around here. Probably end up getting the N132's unless the guys there figure out a shock that they normally carry works.
To get better rear flex try to get the Rancho 17004's,or any good quaility rear shock that fits a stock(no lift) Dodge Durango.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/