| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Regearing program http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30694 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | QuestMan [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Regearing program |
I saw, at one time, a website that you could go to, and input different tire sizes/gearing, to compute final drive ratios. Does anyone know, and could they give the link? |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
try www.intercotire.com it has a good one and lots of info, under tech information then click calculators, bunch of good info |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks! I knew it was out there. Somewhere...... |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
source of Intercos calculators + some others. http://www.4lo.com/ |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running. For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's EDIT: Found it! http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:15 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
InCommando wrote: I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running.
For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's EDIT: Found it! http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html Now that one is sweet! |
|
| Author: | tjkj2002 [ Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:28 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
InCommando wrote: I cannot find the link for the one I used. It included adjustable tranny gear ratios to get a true number for what you are running.
For example, I found I still have a 45:1 crawl ratio on my Chero with 33's and 3.54 gears because I have a 6.32 first gear in the tranny. The KJ will drop from darn good 61:1 to a still acceptable 48:1 with my change to 235/85's EDIT: Found it! http://www.grimmjeeper.com/gears.html Boy that's a handy one there! I'll have a decent 66.18:1 crawl ratio after my SFA swap,I have a messly 33.33:1 right now. |
|
| Author: | QuestMan [ Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ok. So, I was fooling around with the calculator, on http://www.intercotire.com/. If I understand this right, to put the gears back on footing to the pre-tire size change for 245/75/16s, you should put 3.95 gears in. Is there a way to GET 3.95 gears? and yes. (I know 4.10s work) I'm just curious......... |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
nope no 3.95s only 4.10s |
|
| Author: | KY Liberty [ Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:06 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That calculator doesn't consider increased tire weight and rolling resistance. Almost any of the more aggressive tires people are putting on with a lift are going to be considerably heavier and have more rolling resistance than the little highway tires the KJ comes with. In the real world, 4.10's are actually going to be a better match with the 245/75R16's. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|