LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Help.....Trying to install a Rusty's Lift
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30754
Page 1 of 1

Author:  doubleajaybrock [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:37 am ]
Post subject:  Help.....Trying to install a Rusty's Lift

Im having problems compressing the spring far enough down to attach the top of the strut...about a half an inch. Has anyone else had this problem? Please advise. :x

Author:  doubleajaybrock [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

It is like the strut isnt long enough to help accommodate the extra length of the spring!

Author:  kolesy [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had the exact sam eissue when doing mine. I could not get the strut compressors I had to work for me! So I took them to my neighbor who works for sears and he did them at the shop in the morning for me. No help really but just lettin you know that is what you may have to end up doing if you cant get it yourself.


Mike

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

The OME shocks are pretty much the same length as the stockers.

You just need to compress it more.

Author:  tonycrd [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

OME shock is 15 mm (little over half an inch) longer than the stock strut. :D

Author:  Jeep Dawg [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

kolesy wrote:
I had the exact sam eissue when doing mine. I could not get the strut compressors I had to work for me! So I took them to my neighbor who works for sears and he did them at the shop in the morning for me. No help really but just lettin you know that is what you may have to end up doing if you cant get it yourself.


Mike



SEARS
The EVIL EMPIRE!

I used to work for sears as a field refrigeration tech.
I have nothing but bad things to say about the EVIL EMPIRE. but I don't thing this is the place.
lol

Author:  KJ04 [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Are you starting with the compressor in the 3rd. rung of the coil?
If you're still having problems just take them somewhere that does shocks and have them do it.

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

Its darn close tony. :)

Image

OME 132 shocks:

Image

Author:  Nailed2cross [ Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had that trouble with mine until I dropped the upper ball joint, that kicked my rear.... hope you get it in :)

Author:  Cobalt-60 [ Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:27 am ]
Post subject: 

Get a good strut compresser (I think ours came from Advantage) and place it on the floor between you and a partner. Both of you have a ratchet with the right sized socket -- alternate between the two of you cranking each side down while th other holds it. Should not take more than 15-20 minutes per side if you go slow and are careful.

Author:  warholamo [ Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:15 am ]
Post subject: 

I did mine on Wednesday, it took a while with the spring compressors and the air gun, but they went together. Also, the front struts that came with my kit were white... I also used the compressors to pop in the rear springs, no effort at all.

Author:  doubleajaybrock [ Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:16 pm ]
Post subject: 

Lift is finally in. Had a shop compress the struts for me. I still a slight rubbing issue....probably due to the wider wheels. Time to do some trimming i suppose.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/