| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Frankenlift Install Help http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30801 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | PCT 1981 [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | Frankenlift Install Help |
I changed out the drivers side today, will do the passenger side tomorrow, getting the clevis fork bolt to line up with the LCA was lots of fun - there was about a 3/4" height difference between them (clevis fork lower than LCA connect point). The sway bar where it connects to the LCA has about 3/4" height difference between them when sitting on tires. Can't get the bolt to LCA hole. Any ideas on how to correct this? |
|
| Author: | MoabRox [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:05 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Try this it helped me http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30558&highlight= |
|
| Author: | 2006 KJ [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:17 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
just muscle it into place.. i've heard of some people using tie-down straps.. i believe i used a large screwdriver and small crowbar.. dont worry for some reason my passenger side went much easier! |
|
| Author: | moose [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:38 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
MoabRox wrote:
I'm partial to the 2x4 myself, but then again, I like brute force... |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
don't worry about the sway bar until you get both sides done then when its on the ground you can get it reconnected easier. rachet strap works good for pulling in a Frankenlift, or it did on the one I installed. Didn't take any longer than the OME or the Rustys to install |
|
| Author: | Jeep Dawg [ Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:20 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
MoabRox wrote:
Yea man this is a HUGE HELP. the pictures that I posted was the best trick that I saw and it took only a few mins to do. but you NEED 2 PEOPLE for this part! PS: The pictures are not mine, I just reposted them to help others out. Also use a floor jack under the lower control arm. That will give you leverage and it will help you out. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|