LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Might be worth waiting for the Riddler 8.25 covers
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30833
Page 1 of 1

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Might be worth waiting for the Riddler 8.25 covers

This vid was posted up on the colorado4x4 board testing a Riddler diff cover.They broke it but it took a 150,000lbs tracked vehicle to do it after being ran over and pressed many times from other heavy vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Might be worth waiting for the Riddler 8.25 covers

tjkj2002 wrote:
This vid was posted up on the colorado4x4 board testing a Riddler diff cover.They broke it but it took a 150,000lbs tracked vehicle to do it after being ran over and pressed many times from other heavy vehicles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0


Awesome video! :shock: According to ARB, they have canceled their immediate plans to build a diff cover for the KJ, therefore this might be the way to go. Someone posted on here this past week that you could start buying the Riddler 8.25 in select locations. I’ll try to find the thread.

Edit: Found it: Chumly wrote, “Riddler MFG lists "DC 8.25 RD825 - coming ‘07". Call 'em up, they're available here and there.”

Here’s the thread link: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... 663#314663

Author:  InCommando [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Although I have nothing to do with this company, their website impressed me and this cover looks like more than would ever be needed:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=30797

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

InCommando wrote:
Although I have nothing to do with this company, their website impressed me and this cover looks like more than would ever be needed:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=30797
I have one of those covers,not real impressed by it,real crappy welds(mine doesn't leak though).

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

RAYMAN975 wrote:
so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail
Riddler and Crane are 2 different company's.Tim the owner of Riddler used to be part owner of Crane but broke away and started his own company.Josh(the new owner of Crane) is a very good guy also,I would buy from both,wait I have bought stuff from both.The Riddler and Crane covers are very similar,on what they are made out of,the shape and design are different.

Author:  raceinfan [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 pm ]
Post subject: 

RAYMAN975 wrote:
so these are the same as the crane high clearance covers correct? if so crane high clearance site says they have them in stock. i called them yesterday but i guess they arent open on saturdays, i left him a voicemail


THEY DO HAVE THEM IN STOCK FOR THE 8.25 & THIER $139 + SHIPPING ( $20)

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

Crane
Image
Riddler
Image

Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!

Author:  raceinfan [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:43 pm ]
Post subject: 

thier website says they'll have the 8.25's in 07, now it's 08 so I will call them tomorrow & see if there available & $$$ :)

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

raceinfan wrote:
thier website says they'll have the 8.25's in 07, now it's 08 so I will call them tomorrow & see if there available & $$$ :)


Awesome, let us know what you find out. :wink: I don't know which one I like best. :? I guess I'm leaning towards riddler mfg. 8) I still want a magnetic dip stick! :!:

Author:  raceinfan [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

well just made the call & the verdict is he should have them in stock by mid to late summer, he started working on them today as a matter of fact but they have to go thru testing & all that jazz

price will be $110 + shipping

and MARTY has been gettin on him also...way to go Marty crack the whip :twisted:

Author:  Fulltimer [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!


Why couldn't you drill and tap a whole. Get a plug and weld a rod shaped magnet to it. There ya go.

Terry

Author:  RAYMAN975 [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

crane just called me back, they are in stock and 139 plus shipping, which for me would be 20 bucks, im getting it later this week after i get paid :) ill let you guys know when i get it and put it on!!

edit: i decided to go ahead and order it lol so i cant wait to get it!! they come in that green color, so i wont have to wait to paint it which is cool, although iwas gonna go with the Olive Drab green but this neon green will look pretty cool under there :) ill take pics once its on!!

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

Fulltimer wrote:
dieselenthusiast wrote:
Now, if I could talk one of them into installing a magnetic dipstick, then I would be sold!


Why couldn't you drill and tap a whole. Get a plug and weld a rod shaped magnet to it. There ya go.

Terry


Worse case scenario, I might have too! Actually, I wont do the welding, but I know who might! I will call Crane and Riddler tomorrow to see if they can work something out and offer a magnetic dip stick as an option.

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

RAYMAN975 wrote:
they come in that green color, so i wont have to wait to paint it which is cool, although iwas gonna go with the Olive Drab green but this neon green will look pretty cool under there :) ill take pics once its on!!


The Crane green is very cool, but I like this color scheme by Riddler
Image

Author:  MNKK [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:30 am ]
Post subject: 

Is that purple? or is it just a funny lighting thing? either way, im not too impressed with how they "tested" this not trying to start anything, and i am sure it is stronger than stock. but if they really want to show what it would handle, why wouldnt they just use it on a vehicle. That was almost all slow pressure added to it on the vid. Why didnt they drob boulders on it or something to that effect? I really am curious. not judging or anything. Im just curious if they would show you that a chain can handle "x" amount of pressure, where a cable could handle "x" amount of this pressure. you know? I think its got to do with tensile strength.
Just Curious. Trying to learn more about this.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/