| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| so i just bought a brand new set of CV's http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30835 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | jb4204562 [ Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:04 pm ] |
| Post subject: | so i just bought a brand new set of CV's |
anybody have an explanation of what they are talkin about on Jeepin Al's site ..... The CV modification? Where do you machine the 3/8 of an inch from? Is it something i can do with my local machine shop? |
|
| Author: | ATXKJ [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
somewhere there's a thread on Rock Lizard installing the 4" lift and that 3/8" trim was a real problem - I'll add the link if I can find it found it http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=278712#278712 |
|
| Author: | jimjeep0 [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I think they are sold with the 3/8 already machined off. I think its to help with CV angles. I would love the answer to this as I have a Frankenlift on an 02 and the angle (which seems worse than most I see on here) keeps wearing out CV boots. Not a cheap fix. Would love some help figuring out and correcting. Has anyone talked to the new Al? |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jimjeep0 wrote: I think they are sold with the 3/8 already machined off. I think its to help with CV angles. I would love the answer to this as I have a Frankenlift on an 02 and the angle (which seems worse than most I see on here) keeps wearing out CV boots. Not a cheap fix. Would love some help figuring out and correcting.
Has anyone talked to the new Al? Give All J's a call about your Frankinlift, they sold it to you so they should be able to help you. If by chance you added a clevis lift, remove it. If that isn't the problem, you could take out the poly spacer and that would decrease your CV angles. |
|
| Author: | jimjeep0 [ Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
No cleavis, in fact I even lowered the cleavis so it is almost touching bottom plate of srut. covering the little ridge that cleavis is supposed to sit at. Never thought of removing spacer though. I think that will lower too much. Not sure of thickness, its dark on the east coast and I am playing Mr. mom will look in AM. Thanks for the Ideas though. |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:16 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
jimjeep0 wrote: No cleavis, in fact I even lowered the cleavis so it is almost touching bottom plate of srut. covering the little ridge that cleavis is supposed to sit at. Never thought of removing spacer though. I think that will lower too much. Not sure of thickness, its dark on the east coast and I am playing Mr. mom will look in AM.
Thanks for the Ideas though. That spacer should be 3/4" to where the bottom of the spring sets, which nets 1.5" of lift. If you trim 3/8" off the bottom of it, that would drop your height 3/4" . Trim 1/4" you drop 1/2". If you want to retain the height you would most likely have to go with the JE Reel axles at the modest price of $900.00 + shipping. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|