| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Will a Renegade hood fit a Limited model? http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=30899 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | aslostasyou [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Will a Renegade hood fit a Limited model? |
Or is the grill and light pattern different. I like the flat design and want to ditch my Limited hood.. |
|
| Author: | dog_party [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
There are a couple parts to change out. The grill has to be swapped and...there was something else....hood-latch maybe. Can't remember. Not as many parts as one might think, but not free. The topic has been discussed a number of times...no one has ever gone through with it though. Too many other fun toys to spend money on I guess. I would suggest junk-yarding it. I keep my eye open at the yards around here, but the one single time a Rene came in with an unmangled hood, it was stripped before I could get there. Good luck! |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JJsKJ wrote: If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look.
Was there a patriot blue renny? I thought it was only black and green. |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jeepkj02 wrote: JJsKJ wrote: If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look. Was there a patriot blue renny? I thought it was only black and green. Yep, and one in our club out here, carroll952 owns it and I'm gonna steal his parts! You can see the front end of it in this pic.
|
|
| Author: | Uttles [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
My 2005 Renegade is Patriot Blue: Funny...sometimes I look at the regular hood style and wonder if IT looks better...but don't get me wrong...I love my Renny! Remember...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...
|
|
| Author: | kolesy [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So really all you need to run the hood is the grill...... and maybe the latch. You dont really need the flares unless your goin for the full renny look right??? Mike |
|
| Author: | aslostasyou [ Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Let me know if you want to trade... I like the flat look myself. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:42 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
just FYI, the '07 RME's also have the flat hood/rennie grille |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:44 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Am I the only one who prefers the curvy hood? |
|
| Author: | carroll952 [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
What, blue? Thought you saw my new paint job JJ If you look at the front of my KJ and JJ's KJ it looks like more than the the hood and grill. The front bumper of JJ's cuts into the grill and mine does not. Also looks like the flares would have to be swapped out too. Not sure about the actual fenders but you never know.
As you can see it's the same for other 02-04 models the fenders and bumper would probably need to be changed.
It's probably easier with 05+ Liberties since they share the same bumper and fender style.
Good luck for anyone who tries! Justin |
|
| Author: | CD [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:07 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
durangotang wrote: Am I the only one who prefers the curvy hood?
No, I'm with you mate |
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I love the curvy hood but since I have two KJ's I just want one to be different and have the flat hood since I like it too. The different front grill is also one of the reasons I like the late model Rene front end. Hey Justin, drop your KJ off at JJ's Jeep day spa and I will make sure she comes back to you looking like a whole new different Jeep. |
|
| Author: | jpsmith [ Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have never seen a Patriot Blue 05-06 Rene before. I didn't realize they made them. Mine is Dark Khaki. Most of them I see around here are Light Khaki, Silver, Inferno Red, or Black. I've only seen one other Dark Khaki one, but it was a Renegade X, not a D. Edit: '05-'07 KJs come in Atlantic Blue, too. Patriot Blue is the dark blue. I was confused. I may have seen Rene's in dark blue, but never in Atlantic Blue. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|