It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: so i just bought a brand new set of CV's
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:04 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:14 pm
Posts: 64
anybody have an explanation of what they are talkin about on Jeepin Al's site ..... The CV modification? Where do you machine the 3/8 of an inch from? Is it something i can do with my local machine shop?

_________________
02 Kj 4x4 3" lift, 255/70/16 wildcat EXTs, Rock krawler wheels, Custom sound and video setup inside, magnaflow cat back exhaust, high flow cat, AEM CAI....... much much more to come in the very near future...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:09 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:59 pm
Posts: 5171
Location: Austin, TX
somewhere there's a thread on Rock Lizard installing the 4" lift and that 3/8" trim was a real problem - I'll add the link if I can find it

found it
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=278712#278712

_________________
2005 CRD
stuff
Skeptic quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:08 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 pm
Posts: 132
Location: NJ
I think they are sold with the 3/8 already machined off. I think its to help with CV angles. I would love the answer to this as I have a Frankenlift on an 02 and the angle (which seems worse than most I see on here) keeps wearing out CV boots. Not a cheap fix. Would love some help figuring out and correcting.
Has anyone talked to the new Al?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:41 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
jimjeep0 wrote:
I think they are sold with the 3/8 already machined off. I think its to help with CV angles. I would love the answer to this as I have a Frankenlift on an 02 and the angle (which seems worse than most I see on here) keeps wearing out CV boots. Not a cheap fix. Would love some help figuring out and correcting.
Has anyone talked to the new Al?


Give All J's a call about your Frankinlift, they sold it to you so they should be able to help you.
If by chance you added a clevis lift, remove it. If that isn't the problem, you could take out the poly spacer and that would decrease your CV angles.

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:01 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat May 27, 2006 12:41 pm
Posts: 132
Location: NJ
No cleavis, in fact I even lowered the cleavis so it is almost touching bottom plate of srut. covering the little ridge that cleavis is supposed to sit at. Never thought of removing spacer though. I think that will lower too much. Not sure of thickness, its dark on the east coast and I am playing Mr. mom will look in AM.
Thanks for the Ideas though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:16 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:25 pm
Posts: 1361
Location: Grafton, Ohio
jimjeep0 wrote:
No cleavis, in fact I even lowered the cleavis so it is almost touching bottom plate of srut. covering the little ridge that cleavis is supposed to sit at. Never thought of removing spacer though. I think that will lower too much. Not sure of thickness, its dark on the east coast and I am playing Mr. mom will look in AM.
Thanks for the Ideas though.


That spacer should be 3/4" to where the bottom of the spring sets, which nets 1.5" of lift. If you trim 3/8" off the bottom of it, that would drop your height 3/4" . Trim 1/4" you drop 1/2".

If you want to retain the height you would most likely have to go with the JE Reel axles at the modest price of $900.00 + shipping.

_________________
Slightly modified Lt. Khaki 3.7 2004 LTD 4X4. Purchased new 8/6/03.
What I don't have....A Mag light mounted to my seat.
Original Old L.O.S.T. #000354

Nick's Pics & Mods click here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
http://www.survivaltopics.com/forums/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com