It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Will a Renegade hood fit a Limited model?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:31 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:10 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Tampa, FL
Or is the grill and light pattern different. I like the flat design and want to ditch my Limited hood..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:36 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member! LIBERTY OR DEATH
Lifetime Member!  LIBERTY OR DEATH
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:55 am
Posts: 2548
Location: VA Beach, VA
There are a couple parts to change out. The grill has to be swapped and...there was something else....hood-latch maybe. Can't remember. Not as many parts as one might think, but not free. The topic has been discussed a number of times...no one has ever gone through with it though. Too many other fun toys to spend money on I guess. I would suggest junk-yarding it. I keep my eye open at the yards around here, but the one single time a Rene came in with an unmangled hood, it was stripped before I could get there.

Good luck!

_________________
Image
_______________________DogDomain_______________________


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:16 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:57 pm 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:11 pm
Posts: 1885
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
JJsKJ wrote:
If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look.


Was there a patriot blue renny? I thought it was only black and green.

_________________
2002 Jeep KJ Sport 3.7L 4x4

245/75-16 Mastercraft Courser HSX, 16x7 Cragar, 2" OME MD Lift, ARB Bumper
AEM Brute Force Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster Super 44 Muffler

Currently working on: Full service on transmission & bed-lining ARB bumper

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=84650


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:11 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
jeepkj02 wrote:
JJsKJ wrote:
If i ever find a rear-ended late model Rene I will convert mine over. (hopefully it will be Patriot blue) It takes the radiator support, fenders, hood, grille, and accompanying parts to make it work right. I love the flat hood look.


Was there a patriot blue renny? I thought it was only black and green.


Yep, and one in our club out here, carroll952 owns it and I'm gonna steal his parts!
You can see the front end of it in this pic.
Image

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:43 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:47 pm
Posts: 138
Location: Waterloo
My 2005 Renegade is Patriot Blue:

Funny...sometimes I look at the regular hood style and wonder if IT looks better...but don't get me wrong...I love my Renny!

Remember...the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence...

Image

Image

Image

_________________
2005 Liberty Renegade
Old Man Emu HD Coils, OME Struts, OME Shocks
Tow Package with Champion Receiver Shackle
RB1 Navigation
245/75R16 Goodyear Duratrac's (Installed November 24, 2010
Slightly Trimmed Front Bumper and Wheel Well Liner
Pinch Weld Pounded
Custom Rock Rails
Rock Crusher Diff Cover (Not installed)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:45 pm 
Offline
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 12:17 am
Posts: 945
Location: Goldsboro, NC
So really all you need to run the hood is the grill...... and maybe the latch. You dont really need the flares unless your goin for the full renny look right???




Mike

_________________
LIBERTY or DEATH

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:29 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:10 pm
Posts: 64
Location: Tampa, FL
Let me know if you want to trade... ;)

I like the flat look myself.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:42 am 
just FYI, the '07 RME's also have the flat hood/rennie grille


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:44 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:59 pm
Posts: 1854
Location: Durango, Colorado
Am I the only one who prefers the curvy hood? :shock:

_________________
Former CRD owner... now I just sit around and stare at the wall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:59 am 
Offline
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:34 am
Posts: 503
Location: Richmond, CA
What, blue? Thought you saw my new paint job JJ :P

If you look at the front of my KJ and JJ's KJ it looks like more than the the hood and grill. The front bumper of JJ's cuts into the grill and mine does not. Also looks like the flares would have to be swapped out too. Not sure about the actual fenders but you never know.

Image

Image

As you can see it's the same for other 02-04 models the fenders and bumper would probably need to be changed.

Image

It's probably easier with 05+ Liberties since they share the same bumper and fender style.

Image


Good luck for anyone who tries!

Justin

_________________
2005 Blue KJ Renegade
Too big to fit into most LA parking garages.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:07 am 
Offline
LOST Addict
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:28 pm
Posts: 1984
Location: Sydney
durangotang wrote:
Am I the only one who prefers the curvy hood? :shock:


No, I'm with you mate :wink:

_________________
Member No: 152595
Susky Bro V The Highlander Terminator, got it Wuggs

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:13 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
I love the curvy hood but since I have two KJ's I just want one to be different and have the flat hood since I like it too. The different front grill is also one of the reasons I like the late model Rene front end.


Hey Justin, drop your KJ off at JJ's Jeep day spa and I will make sure she comes back to you looking like a whole new different Jeep. :wink: :wink:

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:10 am 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:52 pm
Posts: 40
I have never seen a Patriot Blue 05-06 Rene before. I didn't realize they made them. Mine is Dark Khaki. Most of them I see around here are Light Khaki, Silver, Inferno Red, or Black. I've only seen one other Dark Khaki one, but it was a Renegade X, not a D.

Edit: '05-'07 KJs come in Atlantic Blue, too. Patriot Blue is the dark blue. I was confused. I may have seen Rene's in dark blue, but never in Atlantic Blue.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com