| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| strange sound and feeling when i turn http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=35795 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Clint Reynolds [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:24 am ] |
| Post subject: | strange sound and feeling when i turn |
I have a 2wd liberty with 4 ring clevis and 1 rear isolator. Everytime i turn my wheels there is a small click that i can feel and hear. Very small but it is there. I have tightened my sway bar links and it still does it. i have had my ball joints replace with a recall about a year ago. it looks as though my top bolts running through my sway bars are bent alittle bit. not sure, just might be my mind messing with me. If they are bent and i replaced them could this stop the problem? has anyone had this problem? |
|
| Author: | sidewayskj [ Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ur not the only one just started to get it about a month ago I hope someone can chime in. |
|
| Author: | carbolight [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fixed mine. Here is how I was hearing this annoying clicking sound: - Car is parked, I turn the wheels, I might hear it. No driving. - I'm on tarmac, not off-road, I turn the wheels to the right and push the car forward very hard, I will hear it. - I'm off-road on bumpy track. When I take a right turn and push the car forward aggressively, I will still hear it. I discovered that the upper joint on the A-arm wasn't tightened enough. I discovered that by performing the test by which you can check your lower ball joints. The test is lying somewhere here in the forum. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:55 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
carbolight wrote: I discovered that the upper joint on the A-arm wasn't tightened enough. I discovered that by performing the test by which you can check your lower ball joints. The test is lying somewhere here in the forum.
How to test your Ball Joints: http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... php?t=4348 |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|