Well it finally happened; I too have joined the Fancypants Frankenlift club! Installed my gear at me Dad's Porsche shop over the weekend... Here's the obligatory before-and-after shots:
Before: Low and Sad
Installling this kit would be hard in your driveway, even with two people.... Built-in poly-pad is doing it's job here at full droop during install:
Looks real close here at full-droop, don't it? they actually don't touch:
After; High and happy! Thought he tires look silly now:
And now with an alignment and with new rubber:
I opted to go with the BFGoodrich km2's, 245/70/17's.. NO RUBBING!!!! Well, no BAD rubbing.. I get a little tire contact on the swaybars at full-lock but it's not bad.... I have some Spider-Trac 1.25's I'll throw on..... These tires have not been out long, but the feedback I have read has been positive. People have mentioned that they are fairly quiet and that road noise equalls that of an All-Terrain tire, but I would not have any way of really knowing since I have never owned Mud Tires or AT's, but I find them actually to be quite loud, especially though the 30-40mph range, with alot of road feedback. On the freeway going 65 to 70 the road noise diminishes substiantially and is not bad at all. But I almost turned right around from Discount Tire on the way home to exchange them for an AT, but since they give a 30 day ride garauntee, I figure I'll drive them around a couple of weeks and see if they break-in or soften up a bit... I hope they do, cus they look awesome.
[/img]