| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Front Hitch worries are over http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38245 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | rangerd77 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | Front Hitch worries are over |
http://www.tellico4x4.com/product_info. ... s_id/24514 looks better than, looks like it actually belongs on the KJ. also looks like you dont have to cut the bumper like i did |
|
| Author: | ObiHann [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm still sold on the front which mount I saw on here last week or so, had a spot for shackles and all.... Why would we use a front hitch anyways, just to use a shackle? |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
AWESOME i really like the portable winch mount concept, so im pretty happy someone is making these again! |
|
| Author: | HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
$260 for that??? ..Dont get me wrong, Im glad someone is making them specifically for the Liberty as Ive been considering one for a while, but it seems like they should have some bracing between the tubes and such. ..Especially since not all winch pulls are straight on and whatnot.. ..Or it should maybe be a little less expensive.. But thats just me. |
|
| Author: | rangerd77 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
yueah i know it is expensive i only paid $118 shipped so i know what you mean |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:20 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
well if I were going to go with a front hitch Id rather save the money and cut the front bumper some. that looks kind of weak, 4 bolts to hold it |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jsc7002 wrote: well if I were going to go with a front hitch Id rather save the money and cut the front bumper some.
that looks kind of weak, 4 bolts to hold it what hitch are you referring to that requires cutting the bumper? |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:52 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
the one for the YJ that rangerd77 bought and installed on his KJ |
|
| Author: | jerbacher [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
jsc7002 wrote: the one for the YJ that rangerd77 bought and installed on his KJ
gotcha, thanks! |
|
| Author: | rangerd77 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
something like this |
|
| Author: | Robbrez [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
looks good....but expensive! |
|
| Author: | XC204 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looks just like the one I built and took a lot of crap for. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight= It only cost about $52 for both XJ and KJ hitch and recovery point I do not think I included paint price. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:21 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
there is only 4 bolts though its best to have atleast 6 bolts, 4 would work fine if you dont plan on using it really hard but 6 just makes your whole setup stronger...pending you bought/ made the correct setup |
|
| Author: | tonycrd [ Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
XC204 wrote: Looks just like the one I built and took a lot of crap for. http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... highlight= It only cost about $52 for both XJ and KJ hitch and recovery point I do not think I included paint price.
I loved it! |
|
| Author: | InCommando [ Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:19 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I still like the http://www.detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php backbone for this kind of money. That guy does good work from what I have seen. And you are supporting a local guy & wheeler while getting craftmanship instead of, knowing Milemarker, Chinese mass production. Putting your winch as low as the reciever hitch puts it is not optimal, IMHO. |
|
| Author: | rangerd77 [ Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
InCommando wrote: I still like the http://www.detoursusa.com/kjbackbone.php backbone for this kind of money. That guy does good work from what I have seen. And you are supporting a local guy & wheeler while getting craftmanship instead of, knowing Milemarker, Chinese mass production. Putting your winch as low as the reciever hitch puts it is not optimal, IMHO.
HOW LOW DO YOU THINK SOME OF THE BUMPERS ARE????? NOT THAT ITS MUCH LOWER THEN ANY DAMMM AFTERMARKET BUMP, DB!!!!!! |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:53 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
It is a milemarker basically... the same on Amazon.com I asked on here about a year-2 years ago about that same one, just from Amazon.com. And I agree, only 4 bolts is a little risky compared to the 6 bolts that are in my landy built front hitch, and it is much more expensive than I paid. Just think of all the tension on 4 bolts, compared to 6 bolts! |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|