LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rockcrusher Diff Covers
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38785
Page 1 of 2

Author:  Inc [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:29 am ]
Post subject:  Rockcrusher Diff Covers

I installed my Rockcrusher Diff Cover a while back and it went on a whole lot easier than the Ruff Stuff I took off. The Ruff Stuff was beefy as beefy can be, but the welds seeped a little and it drove me nuts. I dropped on that cover quite a few times and it held like a champ though. Anyway, this Rockcrusher is nice! It went on much easier than the Ruff Stuff. It has a wider flange lip that sits against the axle and allows for more finger room when installing. It is .250 thick and has ribs for extra strength. Lifetime guarantee on them too. When I picked mine up from the local shop, he just got off the phone with the owner of the company and the owner bet an employee a year salary that he couldn't break it. The guy could hear the employee banging on it in the background. I have a pic of mine installed but can't find the camera cord to upload it. Here is a stock file pic of it though. Mine was just over $100 out the door after shipping and tax.

Anyone else running one of these?
Image

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:08 am ]
Post subject: 

nice looking cover, looks ...very beefy! :wink:

Author:  Inc [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:11 am ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
nice looking cover, looks ...very beefy! :wink:

BTW Tom, I took all the red off that Ruff Stuff cover. The only things really left on it is the RTV in the bolt holes. There is a little residual in there. That cover looks almost as nice as it did the day I got it from Dan.

Author:  tommudd [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:15 am ]
Post subject: 

Inc wrote:
tommudd wrote:
nice looking cover, looks ...very beefy! :wink:

BTW Tom, I took all the red off that Ruff Stuff cover. The only things really left on it is the RTV in the bolt holes. There is a little residual in there. That cover looks almost as nice as it did the day I got it from Dan.


:shock: well here I went and made a special place to hang it in the garage tonight since it was all RED and everything :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh well I have some Farmall Red that should work :wink: :wink:

are you going to paint this one before installation?
oh and
Thanks for the updates Inc!

Author:  Diggerfreek [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Rockcrusher Diff Covers

Inc wrote:
Lifetime guarantee on them too. When I picked mine up from the local shop, he just got off the phone with the owner of the company and the owner bet an employee a year salary that he couldn't break it.


Think he will do that for me :twisted:

Author:  Inc [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:18 am ]
Post subject: 

Well I ran out of red paint so I couldn't touch the Ruff Stuff one up before I shipped it so instead of shipping a kind of thrashed looking one I cleaned it up a bit. The new one is all black. I am still out of red paint though, but when I get some the red oval with the lettering will be red as well as the bolts, I think anyway.

Author:  Inc [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

Image

Author:  jsc7002 [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

it looks good and thats a pretty good price

Author:  2006 KJ [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

looks good.. this is the first time i've heard of one on a liberty.

was this one as heavy as the ruffstuff?

Author:  Inc [ Thu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 pm ]
Post subject: 

Yep, seemed just as heavy.

I still need some red paint though. :roll:

Author:  STINGN [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am ]
Post subject: 

how hard are those to install?

i know you have to drain the fluid and all...but overall how hard?

Author:  jsc7002 [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:05 am ]
Post subject: 

STINGN wrote:
how hard are those to install?

i know you have to drain the fluid and all...but overall how hard?


simple, just barely harder than an oil change.

unbolt and pry at the bottom of the cover to let it drain, then remove all of the bolts and take it completely off and clean off the old RTV and apply new RTV all around the diff cover and bolt back on wait 10 min for the RTV to dry and fill with fluid

Author:  Inc [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:09 am ]
Post subject: 

STINGN wrote:
how hard are those to install?

i know you have to drain the fluid and all...but overall how hard?


http://www.4x4xplor.com/rockcrusher.html

Easy

Author:  STINGN [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:35 am ]
Post subject: 

tight, that might be the next purchase after the muffler goes on

Author:  JeepinMaxx [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks nice. I just received one for a HP D30 from Solid - looks pretty similar. I think they all use the same castings





Image

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

Author:  Inc [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 2:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

JeepinMaxx wrote:
Looks nice. I just received one for a HP D30 from Solid - looks pretty similar. I think they all use the same castings





Image

http://www.solidaxle.com/ProductCart/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=7

I believe they used to be the same company but someone broke off and started one or the other. Same kind of deal as Riddler and Crane.

Author:  chefdab [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rockcrusher was first and they are made in Australia. The guy that makes the Solid covers used to be the US distributor for Rockcrusher. He started making knock offs and when Rockcrusher found out, he had to stop calling them rockcrusher and changed the name to Solid.

Author:  KY Liberty [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've got a Riddler diff cover from Rokmen. Very beefy, lifetime warranty, and was $100 delivered. It's the one the ran over with a 150,000 lb vehicle to finally break.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5upBGBej0

Author:  Inc [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Rokmen's price is now $124.95 for the Riddler though. Plus shipping.

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:01 pm ]
Post subject: 

Looks beefy!! The fill plug looks higher on the Rockcrusher one, than stock. Can anyone confirm this? If true, would this cause problems??

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/