LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Aussie Lockers
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39142
Page 1 of 1

Author:  bizlimpkit [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:02 am ]
Post subject:  Aussie Lockers

i have a 05 renegade and i see the aussie lockers but it only says to 04..theres no way it will fit or will it? and im pretty sure i dont have the dana axles so yeah..if they wont fit is there any different brand that will that are just as good? thanks

Author:  2006 KJ [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:05 am ]
Post subject: 

running one in my 06 now... strongly suggest it

Author:  bizlimpkit [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:11 am ]
Post subject: 

ok thanks..got one on order...do they help out alot in mud or climbing ?im sure they do so i dont know why im asking

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:20 am ]
Post subject: 

If you have the OEM TracLok rear diff,a limited slip rear end,you can not use the aussie locker.I'd highly advise agaist a "lunchbox locker",weaker then a full carrier replacement locker like a Detroit or ARB,just my 2 cents.

Author:  bizlimpkit [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:27 am ]
Post subject: 

how do you know if you have that rear diff?

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:41 am ]
Post subject: 

you will see a green tag around the axle close to the wheel, on the drivers side.

X2 on the Detroit!...or ARB if you can save that much...I cant lol

Author:  InCommando [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:53 am ]
Post subject: 

I personally know of 1/2 a dozen guys beating on lock-rites in front D60's with no issues, even after years of service and 37"-42" tires. Most diffs do not have a case-breakage issue. I have not heard that the 8.25 does, but I haven't really looked, either. If you are not changing gears, an Aussie is worth the money and almost doubles your off-road ability. Is it the best choice? Probably not. It is, however, the best choice for the money.

If you are worried about breakage, the D30a is what should be keeping you up at night, not the case of a lunch-boxed 8.25.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:56 am ]
Post subject: 

InCommando wrote:
I personally know of 1/2 a dozen guys beating on lock-rites in the front D60's with no isses, even after years of service and 37"-42" tires. Most diffs do not have a case-breakage issue. I have not heard that the 8.25 does, but I haven't really looked, either. If you are not changing gears, an Aussie is worth the money and almost doubles your off-road ability. Is it the best choice? Probably not. It is, however, the best choice for the money.

If you are worried about breakage, the D30a is what should be keeping you up at might, not the case of a lunch-boxed 8.25.
Yeah but a D60's carrier is over 2 times the size of the 8.25's carrier,comparing apples to oranges,plus front axles have less stress placed on them since they are not the primary drive axle and may be only receiving power about 25%-50% of the time compared to a rear axle.And to add front diffs(SFA only) have weaker points installed,your going to most likely blow a u-joint or a hub before a carrier or ring gear.

Author:  Boblemoche [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:00 am ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
If you are worried about breakage, the D30a is what should be keeping you up at night, not the case of a lunch-boxed 8.25


x2 and if you have the trash lock you can always buy a 8.25 carrier for cheap.

if you have deep pockets go for an arb

Author:  colts_kj [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Lockers

bizlimpkit wrote:
i have a 05 renegade and i see the aussie lockers but it only says to 04..theres no way it will fit or will it? and im pretty sure i dont have the dana axles so yeah..if they wont fit is there any different brand that will that are just as good? thanks


the aussie site says 2001-2007 for 8.25 rear and 02-04 for the front. Are you looking for the front or rear locker???

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Aussie Lockers

colts_kj wrote:
bizlimpkit wrote:
i have a 05 renegade and i see the aussie lockers but it only says to 04..theres no way it will fit or will it? and im pretty sure i dont have the dana axles so yeah..if they wont fit is there any different brand that will that are just as good? thanks


the aussie site says 2001-2007 for 8.25 rear and 02-04 for the front. Are you looking for the front or rear locker???
They also state on the aussie sight says you can not use on the alloy diff in the KJ's.

Author:  InCommando [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 am ]
Post subject: 

Aussie is aware that their website is wrong, they just have not updated it. I was told it would occur " in 2009" ...

I want to hold out for the D60 Aussie promised for " summer of 2009" but considering how accurate they were with their timeline for the 8.25 roll out, I'll be ordering a lock-rite. :(

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:32 am ]
Post subject: 

Boblemoche wrote:
Quote:
If you are worried about breakage, the D30a is what should be keeping you up at night, not the case of a lunch-boxed 8.25


x2 and if you have the trash lock you can always buy a 8.25 carrier for cheap.

if you have deep pockets go for an arb


As much as I love my Aussie Locker, if you dont already have an open diff, I would not suggest it. You will have to get the gears re-set if you install an open carrier in so you can install an Aussie. At that point you would be better off to spend a little more and get a full carrier replacement diff.

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 am ]
Post subject: 

InCommando wrote:
Aussie is aware that their website is wrong, they just have not updated it. I was told it would occur " in 2009" ...

I want to hold out for the D60 Aussie promised for " summer of 2009" but considering how accurate they were with their timeline for the 8.25 roll out, I'll be ordering a lock-rite. :(



The Lock-Right is also a good locker.. Same basic design as the Aussie, but a lot louder (although in all fairness, one is in a truck, and one is in the Liberty; different diff models, too)

Author:  2006 KJ [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

i went with the aussie because i had an open carrier... and i'm no concerned at all with it being weaker than a full carrier replacement. when was the last time someone broke a 8.25 carrier???

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm ]
Post subject: 

2006 KJ wrote:
when was the last time someone broke a 8.25 carrier???



Youre fighting a losing battle, you know that, right? :D

You cant tell some people anything.. :roll:

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wouldn't be worried so much about the 8.25" carrier I don't think you'll break it but I think you have a better chance of breaking your axle shafts, unless your Aussie broke then it would take out your gears.

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

jsc7002 wrote:
I wouldn't be worried so much about the 8.25" carrier I don't think you'll break it but I think you have a better chance of breaking your axle shafts, unless your Aussie broke then it would take out your gears.


Exactly.

The posts I have read on here about breaking the rear-end have all been parts other than the carrier.

I plan to put some Yukon axles in mine this summer.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/