LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

good place to buy
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39164
Page 1 of 1

Author:  sonofnothing [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  good place to buy

a set of skid plates worth buying.
rear diff cover.

thanks!

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

crane has a awesome diff cover, I bought mine for $155 shipped

as for skids do you want mopar or the good stuff?

Author:  HoppedUpOnGoofballs [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

A recent thread on diff covers..

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=38944

I have a Rockcrusher on the way. $89.51 shipped.

Author:  raceinfan [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:12 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have a Riddler cover & it's awesome

110 + shipping

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Skidrow Skidplates:
http://www.skidplates.com/Products_KJ.asp

Kilby Gas Tank Skidplate:
http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/tb-jeep-kj.htm

Skidrow Skids @ JBA for cheaper:
http://jeepinbyal.com/cat-Skid_Plates-23.aspx

Author:  sonofnothing [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:48 pm ]
Post subject: 

i'd prefer the better stuff as opposed to OEM mopar stuff..
but if they're priced ridiculously for not much better performance.. i just want the job done!

i did kinda of browse through that thread on diff covers.. what kind do i have.. when looking, the crane website had dana XX .. a crap load.

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm ]
Post subject: 

Chrysler 8.25" is what you are looking for

check in hte for sale I posted a CL ad for a Rusty's T-Case skid that was $50

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:13 pm ]
Post subject: 

here is the CL add for the t-case skid I just bought one from a member for $35 plus shipping, I would email him and see if he would take $35/40 for it plus shipping

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/pts/977417306.html

Crane Diff Cover
http://shop.cranehiclearance.com/produc ... roductId=7

Author:  dieselenthusiast [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Mopar skid plates are pretty good, and will work for probably 90% of the users on this forum. However, if you plan on landing your KJ on some rocks, then yes, you may want to beef it up. 8) Skid plates are for skidding, not landing. But those who wheel pretty hard can tell you some stories. I’ve seen some KJ’s (I'm not naming any names) who were literally setting on the rocks. :shock:

Author:  jsc7002 [ Tue Jan 13, 2009 11:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Mopar skid plates are pretty good, and will work for probably 90% of the users on this forum. However, if you plan on landing your KJ on some rocks, then yes, you may want to beef it up. 8) Skid plates are for skidding, not landing. But those who wheel pretty hard can tell you some stories. I’ve seen some KJ’s (I'm not naming any names) who were literally setting on the rocks. :shock:


there is even a pic of it on the main lostkj.com page, although that KJ is sitting on rock rails not really a skid plate :shock: :D

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/