Jeepjeepster wrote:
How many miles are on it? How many times has it been serviced?
Gotta pay to play either way. Bigger tires, heavy armor, offroading, etc, it works the power train a lot harder.
It has a little under 70k. since i have had it i changed and flushed the trans once. it started acting up so I looked under it and noticed the sensor was broken off. it wasnt leaking fluid anywhere until I got to the shop, then it started leaking from the sensor it got low from trying to get it into the garage bay. but I kept putting fluid in it for the 2 minutes that it took to get into the garage.
And i understand that many things take a beating and need servicing im not oblivious to that. I have changed many parts and serviced everything on a regular basis. so im not thinking my trans is acting up from neglect. something just went bad in it. im thinking its the overdrive clutch plates or the front pump.. i will let everyone know what exactly the problem is when i find out. hoping its something minor instead of major.. but if need be there will be a new trans installed.
I noticed there was something about the 45 trans that showed it needing a updated front pump. but I have the 42 trans so it doesnt relate to mine.
thanks,
wes