| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Bump Stops http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39503 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | dirt pig [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:25 am ] |
| Post subject: | Bump Stops |
Any one have a picture of what the factory bump stops look like? Dimensions would be good too !! I'm compiling the parts for a 2.5 inch lift and still need bigger(longer) bump stops. If I lift 2.5, then I suppose I have to increase bump stop length by 2.5 also. Is this correct? |
|
| Author: | michael_dba [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:50 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
These work fine for my OTT lifted KJ.....20k miles with no blown out struts or any metal-to-metal contact. TerraFlex bumpstops (call and ask for just the bumpstops): http://www.teraflexplus.com/shop/produc ... ucts_id=79 . |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
michael_dba wrote: These work fine for my OTT lifted KJ.....20k miles with no blown out struts or any metal-to-metal contact.
TerraFlex bumpstops (call and ask for just the bumpstops): http://www.teraflexplus.com/shop/produc ... ucts_id=79 . Yep those are what you need work great and not that expensive |
|
| Author: | tonycrd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I got them here: http://www.trailquest.com/teraflex/KJ/suspension.shtml#bumpstop Great customer service!
|
|
| Author: | BjBnet [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
tonycrd wrote: Great customer service!
sent them an email 2 weeks ago (Jan 14 to Marlene with all my info, name, address...and asked for a total so I could call in with my CC) for ordering a pair and never heard back. |
|
| Author: | Back-n-Black [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So what was the total cost? Looks like two are needed per side making the total count 4 @ $22 each right? $88 plus shipping? |
|
| Author: | 03kjsport [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
can you get them in red? any stops out there in red that would work? |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
How tall are they? Terry |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
03kjsport wrote: can you get them in red? any stops out there in red that would work?
I have a can of I-H red paint you can borrow |
|
| Author: | dirt pig [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:32 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
That's a picture of the rear isn't it? The one's I saw on the trailquest website are half moon shaped. (or is it the way you are holding it?) As for color, I don't think it would matter as I don't think these are visible being so high up in the wheel well area. Although when I come to think of it, If it's red then it must be faster |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:53 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
you can see them when the KJ is sitting on the ground, they are sort of half mooned shaped its the way he is holding it |
|
| Author: | dirt pig [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:16 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I look in my wheel wells; and all I see is plastic guards !! So in order to do the lift, does all that inner guard have to be removed? |
|
| Author: | KJ04 [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
For the blind people! Yes, these are for the front only.
|
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:57 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
KJ04 wrote: For the blind people! Yes, these are for the front only.
![]() |
|
| Author: | BjBnet [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
another stupid question....can these be installed at a later time once the shocks and springs are in without having to take anything apart? They look like they snap in. Thanks again |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:45 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
BjBnet wrote: another stupid question....can these be installed at a later time once the shocks and springs are in without having to take anything apart? They look like they snap in.
Thanks again YES! With the tire on I used a shovel for leverage and they went in with some force. Use some grease to get them to go in easier. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
you do not have to take the inner fender out to do a lift everything is right there |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fulltimer wrote: How tall are they?
Terry a little over 3" |
|
| Author: | Fulltimer [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:23 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Fulltimer wrote: How tall are they?
Terry Anybody? Terry |
|
| Author: | dirt pig [ Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Now, I know that you use 2 hockey pucks per side in the rear. what adhesive is used to laminate the pucks together? And what adhesive is used to stick the 2 pucks to the mount? (Sorry about all the stupid questions, I'm a newby afterall) |
|
| Page 1 of 3 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|