| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Hockey Pucks http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39980 |
Page 1 of 3 |
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:23 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Hockey Pucks |
I keep hearing about putting hockey pucks in the rear as bump stops or what ever but I have yet to see a pic.. Anybody got one? |
|
| Author: | trailman [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'd like to see pics as well. I have the rear bump stops that came with the frankenlift, but I installed them in the middle of my bottom spring plate. The thing is that my upper bump stop when flexed, does not hit directly in the middle of the daystar bump stop. I want replace them with hocky pucks so there is more contact area. |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:39 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Not a KJ, but the idea is the same.
|
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
ok now for my dumb question or statement ... I dont get it what does that do exactly or prevent???? |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
2 Things, First it keeps the tires from hitting and rubbing the body. Second, Keeps your shocks from bottoming out. |
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
|
|
| Author: | 03CDKJ [ Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
beat me to it.... BLUE!!! |
|
| Author: | ShafferNY [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Make that three things. It will also keep you from 'stacking' your coils. |
|
| Author: | ShafferNY [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looking at this, why not just extend the "jounce bumper"(22)? Would it be too unstable?
|
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:26 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
ShafferNY wrote: Looking at this, why not just extend the "jounce bumper"(22)? Would it be too unstable?
![]() thats pretty much what you are doing by adding the hockey pucks. I dont think you would effectively be able to make the"jounce bumper" bumpstop longer. |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:29 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
thats what she said |
|
| Author: | greenrider [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:52 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I seen somewhere where a guy cut a 4 inch rubber malet intwo and use that . i was thinking how do you get it to go where the factery bumpstops go . NOW I KNOW thanks . |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:32 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I should add that you will need 1 hockey puck per side for each inch of lift gained. So, 2" lift = 2 hockey pucks per side, 4 pucks total. |
|
| Author: | 2mopar_diesels [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but where do you buy this at, especially if you live in the desert where the temp never falls below freezing, and hockey is never played. |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
2mopar_diesels wrote: Hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but where do you buy this at, especially if you live in the desert where the temp never falls below freezing, and hockey is never played. Your local sports store should still carry them (street hockey, indoor hockey, etc). If not Google, there are hundreds of sites to order from.
|
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
2mopar_diesels wrote: Hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but where do you buy this at, especially if you live in the desert where the temp never falls below freezing, and hockey is never played.
PM me if you need some I have 6 sitting in my room at home, that Im not going to be using. |
|
| Author: | SweepnChoke [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
2mopar_diesels wrote: Hope this isn't too dumb of a question, but where do you buy this at, especially if you live in the desert where the temp never falls below freezing, and hockey is never played.
You don't have to use hockey pucks, they are just easy to work with, inexpensive and serve the purpose perfectly. However many other things can work, rubber mallets as mentioned is probably your next best inexpensive an common solution. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So basically you guys are saying that the bumpstops that came with the Frankenlift aren’t meeting your expectations, correct? |
|
| Author: | Inc [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
dieselenthusiast wrote: So basically you guys are saying that the bumpstops that came with the Frankenlift aren’t meeting your expectations, correct?
Mine that came with the Frankenlift were half as big as I needed and I still get rub in the rear on my fenders with 3 hockey pucks per side. I gave mine Franky ones to 501 IIRC and he just picked up the shipping. |
|
| Author: | dieselenthusiast [ Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Inc wrote: dieselenthusiast wrote: So basically you guys are saying that the bumpstops that came with the Frankenlift aren’t meeting your expectations, correct? Mine that came with the Frankenlift were half as big as I needed and I still get rub in the rear on my fenders with 3 hockey pucks per side. I gave mine Franky ones to 501 IIRC and he just picked up the shipping. Due to running a skinny tire, I’m not worried about tire rubbing, although I wonder if coil stacking will be an issue with the Frankenlift bumpstops?????????? After all, a RL bumper with carriers might put a little more weight on the HD springs than what the makers of the Fankenlift anticipated. |
|
| Page 1 of 3 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|