LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Lift Question
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=40707
Page 1 of 1

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Lift Question

right now i have the RK 3.5'' lift on. I want to go ahead and swap all the coils out and the struts, as well as the uppper a arms, but want to leave the cleavis lift and the spacer lift in the rear. What should i leave

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Lift Question

JeepBumm68 wrote:
right now i have the RK 3.5'' lift on. I want to go ahead and swap all the coils out and the struts, as well as the uppper a arms, but want to leave the cleavis lift and the spacer lift in the rear. What should i leave
You will get to much lift if you leave the spacer and clevis lift.The CRD has a shorter drivers side CV shaft the the gasser versions so you can not lift the CRD's as high without destroying the drivers side CV shaft.

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:41 am ]
Post subject: 

Ok. thanks. Well what about just replacing the springs and struts with new ones that flex better?

Author:  Guest [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:17 am ]
Post subject: 

OME springs, Rancho shocks, reuse your stock hardware for assembly, you're good to go and you're around $600-650

Author:  seolchan [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:38 pm ]
Post subject: 

I had a questing about the OME springs as well. If you just buy the right OME springs and the correct Rancho shocks and install them it will lift the jeep with no other parts but the stock hardware?

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

seolchan wrote:
I had a questing about the OME springs as well. If you just buy the right OME springs and the correct Rancho shocks and install them it will lift the jeep with no other parts but the stock hardware?


yes

Author:  JeepBumm68 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

ok so what are the part numbers i should be looking for then for the coils front and rear and the struts.

Author:  tommudd [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 pm ]
Post subject: 

gas
front
OME 927 HD shocks Rancho RSX 17505
Rear
OME 948 shocks Rancho RSX 17004

Diesel
Front OME 790s
rear the same

Author:  DryBones [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

gas

front
OME 927 HD coil springs
OME NS131 shock or strut depending on whatchacallit

rear
OME 948 HD coil springs
OME N132 or N132L (long travel)shocks


:lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

tommudd wrote:
gas
front
OME 927 HD shocks Rancho RSX 17505
Rear
OME 948 shocks Rancho RSX 17004

Diesel
Front OME 790s
rear the same


^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
$250 cheaper then below and rides just as good if not better.

Quote:
gas

front
OME 927 HD coil springs
OME NS131 shock or strut depending on whatchacallit

rear
OME 948 HD coil springs
OME N132 or N132L (long travel)shocks

Author:  ATXKJ [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

The CRD's work better with OME struts.

Author:  Jeepjeepster [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
and rides just as good if not better.



says who's opinion? :)

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jeepjeepster wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
and rides just as good if not better.



says who's opinion? :)
Mine,I have run both and the Rancho's ride is 100% better then what the OME's gave,again in my opinion,plus was alot cheaper.

Heavy KJ,lots of armor,use Rancho's
Light KJ,no armor,OME is good to use.

Author:  DryBones [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:08 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just knew Troy was going to jump all over my post! :lol:

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

DryBones wrote:
I just knew Troy was going to jump all over my post! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  DryBones [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

my KJ is light and now my wallet is even lighter :lol: :lol: :lol: Gawd, I just ordered yesterday and I am already watching for the Big Brown Truck...It's going to be a long week. :shock:

Author:  ATXKJ [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

I've had both and OME's work better on the Diesel than Ranchos
All'J's agrees - that's why they recommend OME for CRD Frankenlift.

http://boulderbars.com/frankenlift_crd.htm

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

ATXKJ wrote:
I've had both and OME's work better on the Diesel than Ranchos
All'J's agrees - that's why they recommend OME for CRD Frankenlift.

http://boulderbars.com/frankenlift_crd.htm
Yeah I'm about 1000lbs heavier then a CRD.

Author:  ATXKJ [ Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:07 am ]
Post subject: 

tjkj2002 wrote:
Yeah I'm about 1000lbs heavier then a CRD.


Yeah - but most of that weight's in the rear - the tool's, the Kilby, the tire mount/gas tank mount

in the front - you have a winch ~80 lbs - vs about 200lb heavier diesel -

when I had Ranchos - the front didn't damp well, the OME controls better.

Author:  tjkj2002 [ Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:54 am ]
Post subject: 

ATXKJ wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
Yeah I'm about 1000lbs heavier then a CRD.


Yeah - but most of that weight's in the rear - the tool's, the Kilby, the tire mount/gas tank mount

in the front - you have a winch ~80 lbs - vs about 200lb heavier diesel -

when I had Ranchos - the front didn't damp well, the OME controls better.
ARB+winch,heavy SkidRow skid plates =200lbs+ sitting up front.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/