LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Asfir bumper???
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42028
Page 1 of 1

Author:  clreinstein [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:00 am ]
Post subject:  Asfir bumper???

Does anyone know if the bumper below is available?
Image

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 am ]
Post subject: 

looks like they just cut the center section off of the fascia and mounted a fairly normal bullbar with middle mounts?

Author:  clreinstein [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:08 am ]
Post subject: 

JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
looks like they just cut the center section off of the fascia and mounted a fairly normal bullbar with middle mounts?


I mainly liked the bullbar cause you dont lose the factory tow hooks like some brands and the skid plate built into it.

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:13 am ]
Post subject: 

I like it too

reminds me of a properly made Westin

hehe

I love the westin styling, but i was never able to find a full size (non mid bumper level) westin for a KJ

If it's not available anymore, you could probably take a similar bullbar and fabricate the middle mounts to the front of the KJ as well as the skid

and it would either look worse, as good, or better


:lol:

Author:  jsc7002 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:55 am ]
Post subject: 

I dont know why they wouldnt, Darby has their skids and rock rails, I like the fact that they are aluminum though.

Author:  calamaridog [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:53 am ]
Post subject: 

Try contacting them:

http://www.asfir.com/BranchFullEN.asp?ID=11

info@asfir.com

Author:  KJ kyle [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:59 am ]
Post subject: 

maybe its just me.. but that thing is UGLY

Author:  JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:01 am ]
Post subject: 

i was checkin out there website, perhaps it's just a language barrier thing

it says, Quality is our second nature

what's their first nature again?? :lol:



they also show tank skids listed as for 04 diesel auto KJ's

and their front skid looks like it comes up farther than mopar's in the front

also show side rails

hard to tell what these products really look like all they have on the site is a schematic

Author:  clreinstein [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:26 am ]
Post subject: 

calamaridog wrote:


I did the contact form on the website as well as the email and never heard back from them.

Author:  SweepnChoke [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 am ]
Post subject: 

clreinstein wrote:
JeepinJarhead03 wrote:
looks like they just cut the center section off of the fascia and mounted a fairly normal bullbar with middle mounts?


I mainly liked the bullbar cause you dont lose the factory tow hooks like some brands and the skid plate built into it.


I found with most of the bull bars they list removing the tow hooks for installation because they use the tow hook mounting bolts for the bull bar brackets. However in my experience you can remove the tow hook, install the bracket, re-install the tow hook under the bracket with out issue. I had a mopar tubular bull bar prior to installing the ARB bumper, and that is exactly what I did.

Author:  Blue KJ in PA [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:44 am ]
Post subject: 

Darby got complete ASFIR underbody protection so I'm betting he knows some contact persons...

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... ight=asfir

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/pro ... ofile&u=14

Author:  DarbyWalters [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:16 am ]
Post subject: 

Contact Dave at info@asfir.com...

They make some nice stuff. I do not plan on doing with my CRD what i did with my 2002 3.7L so I went with the Aluminum Skids for weight reasons.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/