| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Rear Spring Isos http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42040 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Drassis [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Rear Spring Isos |
Ok I know this has been discussed before, I jsut couldnt find the thread i was looking for to answer my question. Im putting the rear OME 948's on in a couple days. Should I go with one set or two sets of lower Iso's Pros cons would be appreciated thanks |
|
| Author: | Sport [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | Re: Rear Spring Isos |
Drassis wrote: Ok I know this has been discussed before, I jsut couldnt find the thread i was looking for to answer my question. Im putting the rear OME 948's on in a couple days.
Should I go with one set or two sets of lower Iso's Pros cons would be appreciated thanks Most people do the upper iso and max of three per side including the one already there. |
|
| Author: | jsc7002 [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I wouldnt do lowers just the uppers, they will provide 1/2" of lift of each one, I would add 1 and then if you wanted more buy a second one. |
|
| Author: | SweepnChoke [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:36 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Don't use more than one lower iso per side. Level out using extra uppers, max 3 per side as mentioned above. As for how many you will need, your best bet is to use 1 upper on each side, check for level compared to the front, if the rear is low you can level it with extra upper iso. After it has settled for a few months measure again, and if you haven't already installed 3 iso per side, you can add another if needed. |
|
| Author: | tommudd [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:39 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
most times one extra will get you pretty much level after everything settles in. And yes (most) do use uppers, but lowers work as well ( well enough to stay in for 80,000 miles at least |
|
| Author: | Drassis [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:41 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks for the quick replys, ill do as suggested go with one and when it settles if i got sag than add more thanks again |
|
| Author: | KW AV8R [ Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Or you could just put a Daystar puck under the spring instead of an iso. |
|
| Author: | Quicksilversurf917 [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Where can u get upper rear iso's? |
|
| Author: | DryBones [ Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
dealership |
|
| Author: | 06 KJ Sport [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
junkyard |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I recall reading that someone used TJ wrangler isos on their KJ. |
|
| Author: | 0311_DoC [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I purchased the daystar 1/2 in extended bump stops/isolators from All J's. Do they go on top or on the bottom ? Do I really need em? Here is my set up now for the rear.
|
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|