It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Mac's Jack Tool Kit (Tool for Hi Lift)
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:58 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
4 wheel drive magazine had a pic of the Jack Tool lifting a Jeep by the rock rails. I was thinking this would be a nice tool to use with the RL sliders or Boulder Bars. As you can see in the photo, the tool has a nice V shaped notch keeping the rock rail secure.

http://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/product/264/All

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:56 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:37 pm
Posts: 7928
Location: Big Bear & Lancaster, Ca.
That is pretty cool. Since seeing someone rig up a wheel lift w/ a recovery strap and using a hi-lift, I am convinced it is one of the best ways to go. Great way to get that extra rock Under the tire when stuck and to get the axle up if you need to get a bottle jack or something under it to stabilize a vehicle. I'll be adding something like this to my trail tool kit soon. Super useful if your rig flexes a lot making a rock rail lift a waste of time.

_________________
99 TJ
71 C101
04 KJ
03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:51 am 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:54 am
Posts: 5827
Location: 7,000 feet, Zuni Mountains, New Mexico
JJ, I found the write-up in the same 4WHEEL DRIVE magazine (May issues) that your KJ is featured in. It’s under the “Tools for the Trail” section (page 88).

_________________
2015 Ram Ecodiesel/Big Horn/4x4/Quad Cab
2016 Arctic Fox 22G/Onboard 2500 LP Cummins Onan Generator/160 Watt Solar Panel

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com