| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Removing Front Driveshaft http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=42121 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | ecm3667 [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Removing Front Driveshaft |
My driveshaft cv joint going into the transfer case is shot and making quite a bit of noise so I was thinking about taking it off. How easy of a job is it on an '03 for a newbie like me. |
|
| Author: | jeepkj02 [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:13 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
You'll need to replace the whole propeller shaft. Not sure what size the bolts are on the companion flange. |
|
| Author: | trailman [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:01 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I had to take take mine off before, and it was very easy. 8mm or 5/16ths for the bolts. Mine is an 02 model though. I didn't have to take apart the exhaust either. I just wiggled it out . |
|
| Author: | ecm3667 [ Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Thanks y'all. Yeah I was worried about getting it passed the exhaust but with a little encouragement I was able to finally wiggle it out. |
|
| Author: | djui5 [ Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:00 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Replace it with a u-joint type of shaft |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|