It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Painting or protecting you shocks?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 12:40 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:51 pm
Posts: 429
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
I have some new Doetsch Tech shocks that i will be putting on my libby when i get around to it and was thinking about painting them or protecting them in some way. My liberty is red and i am not sure about the white shocks.

Has anyone ever used a product like rhino lining to paint them? I know that i used rhino lining on my brothers jeep and that stuff is tuff!

-Nick

_________________
2010 Liberty Sport Silver
02 Liberty Ltd. Red - Gone

Lost lifetime member - NB060402 -


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:46 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Pryor Ok
i have painted shocks with Krylon .98 cents a can at wal-mart. Just be sure to run some scotch brite (green scrubby for pots and pans) over it before you paint it. This roughs up the factory paint and allows the new paint to stick better. Wouldnt really know why you would want to rino line a shock. Espically as cheap as they are to replace.

_________________
I'm not lost.....I'm exploring...
L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:53 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Inwood West Virgina
You never really ever see the shocks, and after about 10,000-15,000 miles I doubt that they would be white anymore. I am sure that you could use the rinho/fake rinho and have no neg. effects.

_________________
"CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME" "Just because I don't care dosen't mean I don't understand" Homer J. Simpson
Image
Webshots


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com