It is currently Wed Oct 07, 2026 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Liberty 8.25 Differential same as Dodge Dakota? -SIMPLIFIED-
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:44 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 am
Posts: 30
So, some of you have read my differential milkshake post... I am going to replace the fluid today. I was looking at new differential covers that do away with the plug style access, and came across PML. They have a differential cover for the 8.25 Dodge rear differential/axle, but they did not know if it would fit the Liberty. Does anyone know if they are the same? I am at work and cannot compare the specs for the cover, but they list it on their website. Please let me know!! Here is the link:

http://www.yourcovers.com/dc_9864.shtml


Last edited by thedeatons on Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:54 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 am
Posts: 30
So... this might simplify the question: Is there another Chrysler rear differential cover that has a threaded fill hole/bolt (instead of our rubber plugs) that will bolt up to our differential? This way I could grab one of those from a salvage yard...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:34 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:20 pm
Posts: 78
Location: Tampa Florida
I don't know the answer, but this is an excellent question that I'd like to see an answer to...

BTT

Luis

_________________
2005 Silver Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountain Edition 4x4 with Tow Pkg, Trac-Loc. Have had CJ5, CJ7, and a '99 TJ.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:49 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie

Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:31 am
Posts: 30
Here may be another option. Go to:

http://www.kentrolinc.com/

Check part number:

304CM8.25

Much cheaper but no drain plug....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:55 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 am
Posts: 1115
Location: Inwood West Virgina
I belive that would work. As far as I know they come off of the same production line.

_________________
"CHROME DON'T GET YOU HOME" "Just because I don't care dosen't mean I don't understand" Homer J. Simpson
Image
Webshots


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:07 pm
Posts: 555
Location: Syracuse, UT
hmmm drain plug.... that would be nice.

_________________
2004 Silver Liberty Sport 4x4 (gone) :(
1996 Land Rover Disco I
L.O.S.T #000522 Life Time #JH053535


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:30 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:37 pm
Posts: 416
Location: Pryor Ok
you could always order one from some place that will give you a refund if it doesnt fit and try it....

_________________
I'm not lost.....I'm exploring...
L.O.S.T. #058282
92 Jeep Cherokee
3.5" lift (more mods to come)
2002 Sport 4x4 SOLD

new dent in drivers side passenger door from duranged tree
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2062821


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:10 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:37 am
Posts: 836
Location: So.Cal
If your going to replace your diff cover this is the only way to do it.

Super Strong ....more fluid Capacity.... a drain plug....and no need for additional expense of diff armor.


http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/crane_diff_covers/index.asp


and they look cool too... 8) and they're not chrome :!:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com