| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Liberty 8.25 Differential same as Dodge Dakota? -SIMPLIFIED- http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4342 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | thedeatons [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:44 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Liberty 8.25 Differential same as Dodge Dakota? -SIMPLIFIED- |
So, some of you have read my differential milkshake post... I am going to replace the fluid today. I was looking at new differential covers that do away with the plug style access, and came across PML. They have a differential cover for the 8.25 Dodge rear differential/axle, but they did not know if it would fit the Liberty. Does anyone know if they are the same? I am at work and cannot compare the specs for the cover, but they list it on their website. Please let me know!! Here is the link: http://www.yourcovers.com/dc_9864.shtml |
|
| Author: | thedeatons [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
So... this might simplify the question: Is there another Chrysler rear differential cover that has a threaded fill hole/bolt (instead of our rubber plugs) that will bolt up to our differential? This way I could grab one of those from a salvage yard... |
|
| Author: | Tightwadsjeeper [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't know the answer, but this is an excellent question that I'd like to see an answer to... BTT Luis |
|
| Author: | thedeatons [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Here may be another option. Go to: http://www.kentrolinc.com/ Check part number: 304CM8.25 Much cheaper but no drain plug.... |
|
| Author: | WV(0)IIIIIII(0) [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I belive that would work. As far as I know they come off of the same production line. |
|
| Author: | krazz1e [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
hmmm drain plug.... that would be nice. |
|
| Author: | CarNutCertifies [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:30 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
you could always order one from some place that will give you a refund if it doesnt fit and try it.... |
|
| Author: | jpzkj [ Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
If your going to replace your diff cover this is the only way to do it. Super Strong ....more fluid Capacity.... a drain plug....and no need for additional expense of diff armor. http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/crane_diff_covers/index.asp and they look cool too... |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|