LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Front bumper with winch
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43440
Page 1 of 1

Author:  djui5 [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:49 am ]
Post subject:  Front bumper with winch

Anyone know if this is a custom front bumper? I love it, and the "accessories" on the hood :shock: Seriously, anyone ever seen a bumper like this?

Image

Author:  Cobalt-60 [ Sat May 23, 2009 9:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Front bumper with winch

djui5 wrote:
Anyone know if this is a custom front bumper? I love it, and the "accessories" on the hood :shock: Seriously, anyone ever seen a bumper like this?


Are we talking about "winches" or "wenches" here??? :lol:

Seriously, yes, there was an article here sometime in the past 6-12 months on this. Don't remember where, but if you search I'm sure you will find it.

Author:  KJ in CO [ Sat May 23, 2009 10:19 am ]
Post subject: 

Yes!!! those are the sweetest bumpers,I mean BUMPER, I have seen :oops: !!! That should be made available for everyone. How old is that picture? Has anyone thought of building such a rig?

Author:  jeepkj02 [ Sat May 23, 2009 10:42 am ]
Post subject: 

Bumper....?? What bumper?? 8)

Author:  LIV42DY [ Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 am ]
Post subject: 

Its not a bumper, its a Facia, the winch is mounted upside down, and yes, that is the Infinity Sound systems jeep, I contacted them but never replied. But these guys did, see below..

Image

Image

Image

Author:  riptricket [ Sat May 23, 2009 11:56 am ]
Post subject: 

It is cool...

Author:  Xodius [ Sat May 23, 2009 12:33 pm ]
Post subject: 

I contacted them also and never got a reply. Perhaps they are busy?

Author:  Cobalt-60 [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

Here was the previous thread:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=40120&start=0

Author:  Ryan09 [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:20 pm ]
Post subject: 

I looks good, but not very useful.
The winch is to low as far as I am concerned.
It gets buried in the mud.

Author:  KJ in CO [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:47 pm ]
Post subject: 

LIV42DY wrote:
Its not a bumper, its a Facia, the winch is mounted upside down, and yes, that is the Infinity Sound systems jeep, I contacted them but never replied. But these guys did, see below..

Image

Image

Image


Is ths your guys' jeep? Hmmm, is it very functional? Do you sell that setup or have a parts list? I am sure a few ppl would take a shot at it...

Author:  hollysprings [ Sat May 23, 2009 9:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

Ryan09 wrote:
I looks good, but not very useful.
The winch is to low as far as I am concerned.
It gets buried in the mud.



I kind of agree with this, although in most stuck situations you would want to clear way with a shovel mud that got piled up in front of the bumper (and front tires), if you were going to winch forward. I assume the winch controls are extended, so that you don't have to get to the winch body itself, just the cable outlet.

I would wory about a couple other things, too. One is the winch probably overheats a lot faster in many winching situations, since it has the hot jeep on one side and the insulating earth close on the other side, with little room for air to circulate. Two is it looks like the winch body is open to being pounded on a rock or having road roaks thrown up against it - and if you shield it from that danger, you worsen the overheating danger. Third, on all these hidden winches, how do you make sure the cable spools on evenly? With my fully exposed, easily accessed winch, I always have to take special care to make it respool properly.

Author:  LIV42DY [ Sun May 24, 2009 9:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

hollysprings wrote:
Ryan09 wrote:
I looks good, but not very useful.
The winch is to low as far as I am concerned.
It gets buried in the mud.



I kind of agree with this, although in most stuck situations you would want to clear way with a shovel mud that got piled up in front of the bumper (and front tires), if you were going to winch forward. I assume the winch controls are extended, so that you don't have to get to the winch body itself, just the cable outlet.

I would wory about a couple other things, too. One is the winch probably overheats a lot faster in many winching situations, since it has the hot jeep on one side and the insulating earth close on the other side, with little room for air to circulate. Two is it looks like the winch body is open to being pounded on a rock or having road roaks thrown up against it - and if you shield it from that danger, you worsen the overheating danger. Third, on all these hidden winches, how do you make sure the cable spools on evenly? With my fully exposed, easily accessed winch, I always have to take special care to make it respool properly.


Everyone says that, will burry in the mud, approach angle issues, I my self, dont worry about that , it looks great and it is Functional, I spoke to those guys a t Indian Cars, go to their web site and see the kind of designs they do, I think its Great. Better than having over 150 lb hanging in front of you..even though I do like the ARB :D

Author:  LIV42DY [ Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm ]
Post subject: 

KJ in CO wrote:
LIV42DY wrote:
Its not a bumper, its a Facia, the winch is mounted upside down, and yes, that is the Infinity Sound systems jeep, I contacted them but never replied. But these guys did, see below..

Image

Image

Image


Is ths your guys' jeep? Hmmm, is it very functional? Do you sell that setup or have a parts list? I am sure a few ppl would take a shot at it...


No these guys are in France, I ran into their web site about a year past and I contacted them for the design.

Author:  Ryan09 [ Sun May 24, 2009 10:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

LIV42DY wrote:
hollysprings wrote:
Ryan09 wrote:
I looks good, but not very useful.
The winch is to low as far as I am concerned.
It gets buried in the mud.



I kind of agree with this, although in most stuck situations you would want to clear way with a shovel mud that got piled up in front of the bumper (and front tires), if you were going to winch forward. I assume the winch controls are extended, so that you don't have to get to the winch body itself, just the cable outlet.

I would wory about a couple other things, too. One is the winch probably overheats a lot faster in many winching situations, since it has the hot jeep on one side and the insulating earth close on the other side, with little room for air to circulate. Two is it looks like the winch body is open to being pounded on a rock or having road roaks thrown up against it - and if you shield it from that danger, you worsen the overheating danger. Third, on all these hidden winches, how do you make sure the cable spools on evenly? With my fully exposed, easily accessed winch, I always have to take special care to make it respool properly.


Everyone says that, will burry in the mud, approach angle issues, I my self, dont worry about that , it looks great and it is Functional, I spoke to those guys a t Indian Cars, go to their web site and see the kind of designs they do, I think its Great. Better than having over 150 lb hanging in front of you..even though I do like the ARB :D



That is a very valid point you bring up about the weight out front, but seeing that the winch is behind the bumper, it's still out in front of the front wheels so it still has weight hanging out front, just hidden! It is lower, so yeah that helps a little bit, but not by much.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/