| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Question http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43450 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Sat May 23, 2009 1:51 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Question |
I just got done installing my Frankenlift. I have some contact issues as seen in the pic. Is this normal prior to an alingment? This is the only problem I am seeing at the moment. Everything else looks great & rides great. It is a bit stiff but I expected that. The front end is sitting higher than the rear it seems also but I figure everything will settle into place after awhile right? Thanks in advance. Pics to follow shortly...
|
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Sat May 23, 2009 3:03 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
20 views & no input |
|
| Author: | evil libby [ Sat May 23, 2009 3:07 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
need to repalce the upper arms some on ever lift out there they all hit the sprinng jeep by al and get a set of his arms and will be all set |
|
| Author: | rob103180 [ Sat May 23, 2009 3:11 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Due to the height, I can only assume that is common. I would suggest replacing the upper a-arm with the one from All J Products. Your issue is the reason why I didn't go with the Frankenlift although it would be true with any tall lift. Along with that, it also puts the cv's at a tight angle. These are just some of the things that we have to deal with if we want height. |
|
| Author: | SweepnChoke [ Sat May 23, 2009 3:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have OME HDs over Ranchos so I don't have that big bottom isolator sticking out(stock bottom isolator reused), but why wouldn't they put the part that sticks out facing the inside where there is plenty of room for it instead of facing the outside where it does now? Or is it specifically there to act as a bumper to prevent the UCA from making contact with the coil? |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Sat May 23, 2009 4:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's |
|
| Author: | LIV42DY [ Sun May 24, 2009 9:40 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly? |
|
| Author: | jeepskate [ Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
nosnorb_808 wrote: 20 views & no input
You might get fewer views but better input with a more specific subject line. |
|
| Author: | Drassis [ Sun May 24, 2009 9:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
LIV42DY wrote: Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly?
Does look a little off. Mine was the same until my frankenlift settled in a bit |
|
| Author: | 2006 KJ [ Sun May 24, 2009 10:05 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
nosnorb_808 wrote: Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's
i have a franky and stock a-arm's.. i had contact to begin with but once it settles it'll be fine. and when it's on the ground with the weight of the jeep on it there wont be contact.. however when you hit a bumper and the wheel drops it will contact. but like i said it will stop sooner or later |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Mon May 25, 2009 2:06 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
2006 KJ wrote: nosnorb_808 wrote: Great I knew that was the answere I was going to get. Need to replace upper A-arms with JBA's i have a franky and stock a-arm's.. i had contact to begin with but once it settles it'll be fine. and when it's on the ground with the weight of the jeep on it there wont be contact.. however when you hit a bumper and the wheel drops it will contact. but like i said it will stop sooner or later Thats good news I suppose. |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
LIV42DY wrote: Is it me or that UBJ not seated properly?
It was not fully tightened in the pic & lift is nowhere near being settled. |
|
| Author: | nosnorb_808 [ Mon May 25, 2009 2:10 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
jeepskate wrote: nosnorb_808 wrote: 20 views & no input You might get fewer views but better input with a more specific subject line. I will take that into consideration for next time. Thank you for pointing that out |
|
| Author: | BjBnet [ Mon May 25, 2009 7:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
yup it's normal at first. It'll clear more after driving around a bit. I still have the stocks a-arms |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|