LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Rear Glass Problems
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43509
Page 1 of 1

Author:  GreasyCRD [ Mon May 25, 2009 12:43 pm ]
Post subject:  Rear Glass Problems

I'm having a problem with my 05 CRD rear window glass. Sometimes it won't pop open when I pull the rear gate handle. I understand that the doors must be unlocked first but it still won't work. If I pull all the way out on the gate handle the glass will eventually open but not the way it used to. When this happens the latch stays closed and when I hit the release button it won't release the latch. Also, it is becoming more difficult to close the glass. It now has to me shut hard two of three times before it latches closed. Does anyone else have similar problems or know how to fix it? Please help this is getting very frustrating.

Author:  Xodius [ Mon May 25, 2009 4:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

...sounds like the struts perhaps? Swap them out and go from there. I got mine from Ebay tbh. The guy selling them was from Kenosha and went to my school so it was kinda cool. They work great and never had any problems thus far...they are about...2 years old now.

Author:  BjBnet [ Mon May 25, 2009 5:56 pm ]
Post subject: 

sounds like a problem with the latch. Did you try greasing it and also make sure it's lined up straight with the window latch.

Author:  RED_KJ_666 [ Mon May 25, 2009 7:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

I have had mine fixed once at the Dealer under warranty they replaced the Latch assembly and made sure it was all lined up. Guess what tho?, it's doing the same thing again now..... I Don't think we are the only ones with this issue either.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/