LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

Cheap roof baskets available to canada?
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=44330
Page 1 of 1

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:02 am ]
Post subject:  Cheap roof baskets available to canada?

So I was about to buy the black widow basket on amazon when I came to the horrible realization that it is only available to you yanks, so now poses my challenge, what is available to me that doesn't cost a fortune?

Author:  kskj [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:37 am ]
Post subject: 

This is the one I have It looks like they will ship to canada.
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-rola~59504.h ... medium=ppc

Author:  ObiHann [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:45 am ]
Post subject: 

kskj wrote:
This is the one I have It looks like they will ship to canada.
http://www.etrailer.com/pc-rola~59504.h ... medium=ppc


Looks like they do ship to Canada, and thanks for the link, gonna have to think about it though, $100 shipping for a $150 rack. Expected considering the size I suppose, I may wait a bit and order it with a net and the extension at the same time, just to make it worth it lol.

Author:  SweepnChoke [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm just going to do the Inc. home made rack, inexpensive, does the job, doesn't sit high so no additional drag.



Image

Page showing more detail on how he did it.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/pos ... e&p=462936

Author:  daspes [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 pm ]
Post subject: 

There is one in the 'For Sale' Forum... Not sure if is still available or not, but you can try.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/vie ... hp?t=43038

Author:  DryBones [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

nobody in Canada sells roof racks?

Author:  SweepnChoke [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

DryBones wrote:
nobody in Canada sells roof racks?


Nope, just hockey sticks and poutine ;)

Author:  daspes [ Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

SweepnChoke wrote:
DryBones wrote:
nobody in Canada sells roof racks?


Nope, just hockey sticks and poutine ;)


Agh, that stuff looks horrible! Is that a punishment for bad children, like asparagus?

Author:  Ryan09 [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:54 am ]
Post subject: 

For what it's worth, there is a Truck accessory store in Western Canada called Cap-it:
http://www.cap-it.com/cap-it-locations.html
They sell a few different types of cargo/luggage baskets and roof rack systems.
Then there is Rack attack in Canada. They also sell different types of of cargo/luggage baskets and roof rack systems.
http://www.rackattack.com/store-locations.asp
They might have something for you.

Author:  BjBnet [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

daspes wrote:
SweepnChoke wrote:
DryBones wrote:
nobody in Canada sells roof racks?


Nope, just hockey sticks and poutine ;)


Agh, that stuff looks horrible! Is that a punishment for bad children, like asparagus?


ah man that stuff is delicious!! It's just cheese and gravy on fries.

Author:  BjBnet [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

SweepnChoke wrote:
I'm just going to do the Inc. home made rack, inexpensive, does the job, doesn't sit high so no additional drag.



Image

Page showing more detail on how he did it.

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/pos ... e&p=462936

your linky no worky

Author:  ObiHann [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

So I bought one locally, not as cheap as I wanted but got it right away. Only problem is I found rust on my roof near the rails. :(

Author:  daspes [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

ObiHann wrote:
So I bought one locally, not as cheap as I wanted but got it right away. Only problem is I found rust on my roof near the rails. :(

Sounds like it's time to bedline the roof.

Author:  ObiHann [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:40 pm ]
Post subject: 

Thinking I might, depending on cost

Author:  daspes [ Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

ObiHann wrote:
Thinking I might, depending on cost

About 50-60 bucks.

Author:  ObiHann [ Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:04 am ]
Post subject: 

daspes wrote:
ObiHann wrote:
Thinking I might, depending on cost

About 50-60 bucks.


I already have a thread started in general regarding rust on the roof and line-x on the roof. I'm gonna go to Line-X this week and get a quote, I'm gonna take everything off the roof and try to prep (sand off rust, put port 15 on rust spots) before I get it to them to save cash. My hope is a color matched silver on the roof, than black for my cross bars and roof rack, depending on cost at the shop I will go all black.

Author:  ObiHann [ Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:02 am ]
Post subject: 

Image

Finally got a pic of the roof rack, and the 4' red cb antenna mounted in the back. I'm going to have to add some padding to the antenna since it bangs against the rear wiper on bumpy roads, but then again its just another noise in the constantly growing noisy Jeep.

Author:  icarl [ Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:42 pm ]
Post subject: 

I just lost my 3rd antenna to the bush. I'm thinking I may try mounting it like yours next time.

Author:  NCC-1864 [ Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:15 pm ]
Post subject:  roof rack in Canada

i think there is no cheap roof rack
got one from Kargo Master via a dealer near my house.
pretty happy with it
Image

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/