| LOST JEEPS http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/ |
|
| Wheel Winch http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45021 |
Page 1 of 2 |
| Author: | Inc [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Wheel Winch |
Kind of a handy self recovery tool. Leave it to the Aussies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY4cKc4FKSM |
|
| Author: | htkrph [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:48 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
thats kind of cool. |
|
| Author: | Murphyman [ Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:58 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I couldn't stop paying attention to his accent... cool idea though. |
|
| Author: | ohv_kj [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
i'm going to get a rim...some whinch cable...and make a cool eylet and try it...lol...it's about price... that was alot of hardware... i bet it's not too cheap...buy a which and have a high lift for back up...maybe i should practice hat i preach |
|
| Author: | JeepinJarhead03 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
don't see why it wouldn't work, there's been times where i've had to wheel winch without one of those contraptions |
|
| Author: | sandracer [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:31 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
My grandfather used to tell me stories about how they got vehicles through tough passages back in the early 1920's when he was working for a Govt. mountain lion survey in the Gila Widerness and along the Mogollon Rim by replacing a tire and wheel with a spare wheel and doing basically the same thing. They would also use the same principle to set up a makeshift saw mill. They would jack up the drive end of the vehicle and use a spare rim to turn a drive belt to run the saw mill. Both were also commonly used by miners of the era, as well. This kit would certainly be a bit more convenient. |
|
| Author: | Hood297 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
ohv_kj wrote: i'm going to get a rim...some whinch cable...and make a cool eylet and try it...lol...it's about price... that was alot of hardware... i bet it's not too cheap...buy a which and have a high lift for back up...maybe i should practice hat i preach
hey great article in petersen's man! |
|
| Author: | Wasatch15 [ Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:40 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I have a wheel winch on my Honda Rancher 4x4 ATV and it works great. Just look up "Walker Wheel Winch" on YouTube. |
|
| Author: | icarl [ Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:22 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Wheel winches have been around for awhile. I wouldn't use one from the front wheels on a KJ though. Possibly from the rear. It can be hard on axles and other stuff. |
|
| Author: | icarl [ Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
http://www.bushwinch.com.au/index.html |
|
| Author: | riptricket [ Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:30 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
icarl wrote:
no thanks... http://www.bushwinch.com.au/products.html Kit prices range from $735 to $885 + GST* + Postage & Handling. |
|
| Author: | Guest [ Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:19 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hmmm, let's see. Add length to your lugnuts, THEN put a TON of force on them. Sounds like a fantastic idea |
|
| Author: | durangotang [ Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:59 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Those used to be a factory option on either Unimogs or Pinzgauers... don't remember which one but I always thought they were cool. |
|
| Author: | Ryan09 [ Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
It's amazing, I posted this item over on JK Country some 5 weeks ago and then somebody here posts the link and lay's claim to it like they found it and it's something new to the Western World! Does that make you feel good? Pffff... They have been around since the 1920's! And they work pretty good once you learn how to use them! I've been using that very thing (All be it home made for the last 25 years!) Be Original dude! Stop taking credit for something you never even thought of in the first place. That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo! BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! |
|
| Author: | SoDakJeep [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:47 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ryan09 wrote: It's amazing, I posted this item over on JK Country some 5 weeks ago and then somebody here posts the link and lay's claim to it like they found it and it's something new to the Western World!
Does that make you feel good? Pffff... They have been around since the 1920's! And they work pretty good once you learn how to use them! I've been using that very thing (All be it home made for the last 25 years!) Be Original dude! Stop taking credit for something you never even thought of in the first place. That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo! BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! douche |
|
| Author: | daspes [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:34 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ryan09 wrote: It's amazing, I posted this item over on JK Country some 5 weeks ago and then somebody here posts the link and lay's claim to it like they found it and it's something new to the Western World!
Does that make you feel good? Pffff... They have been around since the 1920's! And they work pretty good once you learn how to use them! I've been using that very thing (All be it home made for the last 25 years!) Be Original dude! Stop taking credit for something you never even thought of in the first place. That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo! BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! Wow you make the assumption that the OP even goes to KJ Country (KJC) and saw your post. Inc saw a posted a link to something he apparently thought was novel, he obviously didn't know you had a copyright on the YouTube link... Concerning you recent thread there about LOST... By your comments here alone, obviously you just don't get it. People frequent and enjoy this board because of the level of respect that our quality members show others.... |
|
| Author: | Burchie [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:37 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ryan09 wrote: That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo!
BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! Ummm. I think we got the idea.
|
|
| Author: | JJsTJ [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ryan09 wrote: It's amazing, I posted this item over on JK Country some 5 weeks ago and then somebody here posts the link and lay's claim to it like they found it and it's something new to the Western World!
Does that make you feel good? Pffff... They have been around since the 1920's! And they work pretty good once you learn how to use them! I've been using that very thing (All be it home made for the last 25 years!) Be Original dude! Stop taking credit for something you never even thought of in the first place. That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo! BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! somebody must have stolen his identity again. |
|
| Author: | Blue KJ in PA [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:42 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
daspes wrote: Ryan09 wrote: It's amazing, I posted this item over on JK Country some 5 weeks ago and then somebody here posts the link and lay's claim to it like they found it and it's something new to the Western World! Does that make you feel good? Pffff... They have been around since the 1920's! And they work pretty good once you learn how to use them! I've been using that very thing (All be it home made for the last 25 years!) Be Original dude! Stop taking credit for something you never even thought of in the first place. That's the proplem with LOST, most of the new guy's around here don't know doo doo about doo doo! BTW I did not say Doo about doo doo... I said SH It ! Wow you make the assumption that the OP even goes to KJ Country (KJC) and saw your post. Inc saw a posted a link to something he apparently thought was novel, he obviously didn't know you had a copyright on the YouTube link... Concerning you recent thread there about LOST... By your comments here alone, obviously you just don't get it. People frequent and enjoy this board because of the level of respect that our quality members show others.... Besides the fact that Inc is not really a newbie round this board either...he has 5050 posts since 2006 to your 47 since March of this year...looks like you're the newbie... |
|
| Author: | Burchie [ Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:47 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
JJsKJ wrote: somebody must have stolen his identity again.
THAT'S IT. Well he's posting crap about LOST on KJ country. I hope there is a 3rd KJ board, because that might be the only one he has access too. Ryan... If you want to chat my office door is always open. |
|
| Page 1 of 2 | All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] |
| Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group http://www.phpbb.com/ |
|