LOST JEEPS
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/

busted front left strut...
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45034
Page 1 of 1

Author:  jmarguello [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:36 pm ]
Post subject:  busted front left strut...

yesterday I went to work and had to take a dirt road (in very bad shape), I started to hear a loud metal noise. So I took out the tire and it was the strut that broke. I had installed a skyjacker lift kit, so I'm trying to replace both struts, any suggestion? I was looking for rancho struts, maybe RS9000XL, will they work with the skyjacker springs? thanks!!

Author:  Hood297 [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 pm ]
Post subject: 

the rs9000xl is for the rear only. Most run the RS5000 or RSX.

Both are great, I am running the RSX and they will work with any spring.

Author:  tommudd [ Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

I think you have to run the skyjacker struts though or do some cutting on the coil to run Ranchos or stockers if I remember correctly, someone like Troy will chime in soon

Author:  jmarguello [ Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:44 am ]
Post subject: 

thanks for your answers!! I'll check which ones are the ones available the RS5000 or the RSX thanks Hood,

thanks tom, the guy that's helping me buy them in the US told that he read that these struts (rancho) needed the stock springs, that's what you meant with the stockers right? but what about the inches of lift, will the strut keep them?

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/