It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 2005 SkyJacker Lift
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:23 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Washington State
Just wanted to pass the word. I called SkyJacker today to verify that there is not any changes in the 04 05 lifts. And there are not. I was curious as the only listed to 04 in their 05 catalog. Key points on this lift are as follows.

* No modification to stock rack and pinion left in oe position
* No mods to driveshaft
everything else is fluff 2" piston bore, 7/8th chrome hardened piston shaft, 1/8th heavy gauged steel body wall

* there are three difrent shocks to choose from Skyjacker Hydro 7000, Nitro 8000 and Platinum Biggas

The lift kit is $589.00 and another 40.00 for the shocks each.

_________________
"if it aint raining it aint training"

*SUPPORT OUR TROOPS*

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133013


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Skyjacker lift
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:22 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:28 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Blairstown, NJ
On the pre-lowered 02, you get almost a full three inches of lift out of the original kit, which I don't think they changed or modified for the 04 and 05's. This is one reason they advertise for the 04 and 05 only. There is a special note in their catalog about the lift. I guess they could say it was good for the 03 also.

Last I checked the kit was retailing over $750 just for the front. The spacer kit was retailing around retailing around the $500 mark, and the rear coils are retailing around $150. I haven't check the shocks lately.

WOW, if they lowered their prices that much for the full kit, some people will be knocking on my door tomorrow looking for a refund!

Some people don't like the kit, some do. I have recently put the rear springs in and they seem fine, they are a non progressive style, so you will get a certain amount of bounce, they do allow some nice flexing.

I installed on complete lift in an 04 KJ and it was relatively easy to put in and seems to be working great. One other KJ, an 02, with a Skyjacker kit has my a-arms and there is no issues with the arm/ball joint contact with the spring. He did lose a CV joint however.

Thanks for the update!

Al

_________________
One Ruby, One Grand Cherokee, One YJ, One disassembled CJ, one Chevy Mason dump, one hotrod IH Pick-up, couple of antique tractors.
Former owner of a 5.5 inch lifted KJ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Follow up
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Newbie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:22 pm
Posts: 50
Location: Washington State
" The setup replaces the ample strut with the higher quality shock & softride coil in the front along with full height softride coils in the rear. This is a surprisingly simple yet completely durable suspension package." Quote taken from Skyjackers catalog. I had my local 4whell parts price me out today 589.00. Thanks for your info, I keep looking for all the options out there , so far I think I like this deal the best. They also offer a poly valve kit that is a option. ...Let me know what you think!! I need the input.

_________________
"if it aint raining it aint training"

*SUPPORT OUR TROOPS*

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2133013


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:24 pm 
Offline
LOST Member

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:38 pm
Posts: 450
Location: Norfolk, VA
is this true? is anyone else running the skyjacker?

_________________
Image
Cooper Discover ATRs 235/70/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:40 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
I was quoted the $589 a couple months ago when I bought my spacer lift from a wheelin parts store near me. I barely had my KJ a couple weeks so I didnt know what the heck I was doin. They told me I would get a lil better ride quality with the full Skyjacker lift rather than the spacers, but would be less expensive to go with spacers and skyjacker shocks in the rear. My KJ does bounce alot in the rear and is pretty stiff with the spacers. But I was on a trail ridin with JLRockies and his frankenlift... As far as I am concerned, that is the cadillac of KJ lifts. I would rather spend the extra ash for the franky unless someone can convince me otherwise? But I kinda doubt it :lol:

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:41 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Softride means weaker springs, will sag faster, more like the Crustys then an upgrade like OMEs :wink:

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:53 pm 
Offline
LOST Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 4:06 pm
Posts: 346
tommudd wrote:
Softride means weaker springs, will sag faster, more like the Crustys then an upgrade like OMEs :wink:


Tell that to my squeeky rear glass hatch! It started squeekin after I put that stinkin spacer lift on and cant get it to stop squeekin now.. :x It squeeks under the hinges where the rubber spacer pad meets the glass and its frustrating. Cant get the hinges off w/out breakin them from what I can tell.

_________________
Anyone wanna buy a Jeep? One Owner, One Gear, ONE DOLLAR
Installed-Frankenlifted II Premie w/ daystar spacer in rear, Tow hooks, Mopar skids, Dura-Tracs on Soft 8's, amsoil lubricants in everything, weather tech mats, RRO UCA's, RRO rock rails(bought but not installed...YET). I know I am missing something...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:58 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:29 am
Posts: 5956
Location: Hillsborough, NC / Corolla NC
mine quit squeakin right after i slammed my finger in it..

wouldn't suggest that solution though

_________________
03 Renegade (Black)
177k miles 3.7L gas - 45RFE
Command Trac / 4.10s
Lift: ft. 790+ rr. JBA4+
The last of the TrailReady Front&Rear Bumpers and TR Rock Rails
Jarhead Offroad light covers
31x10.5R15 RedLetter Grabbers on Blackrock Dunes
L.O.S.T #KD098632


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:02 pm 
Offline
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:49 pm
Posts: 27226
Location: NOW Southeastern Ohio/ Tanzania
Yep spacer lifts compresses the springs which makes them ride rougher so you go cheap you get squeaks. Over 90,000 on my OME/Rancho lift and no rattles at all, (over 125,000 miles total) sounds like a new Caddy cruising down the road :wink: and rides better

_________________
MUDD'S MOTORSPORT'S We do IFS lift installs ,
03 OVERLAND EDITION /Kilby-Skidrow-Mopar-4XGuard skids/ 2.5 inch TOTAL CONTROL JBA coilovers -JBA Arms/MOABS-31 FALKEN WILDPEAK AT3W / 4.10's etc, 04 Kilimanjaro Edition loaded, plus 05 KJ limited


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:48 pm 
Offline
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:38 pm
Posts: 12988
Location: Colorado Springs
The 1st 6 months of production of the SkyJacker coil lifts had non-softride coils(about 425lbs spring rate) and you'd get about 3.75" of lift off the bat and no sag.I have one of these non-sodtride SkyJacker lifts and only lost a 1/4" after adding the ARB bumper and winch and have lost no more in over 5 years and 50,000miles.There was mass complaints about the stiff ride and high UBJ failures with the non-softride kit so they lowered the spring rate to OEM specs to only get about 2.5" of lift and will sag bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:48 pm 
Offline
LOST Junkie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts: 630
Location: Southern New Jersey
Just an FYI, As tj stated the first generation Skyjacker lift was the best. I bought the second generation since the first were no longer available. They will go Soft on you and loose hight. I switched over afte 2 years. But it is kind of cool to be Skyjacked.. Think it over there are more options that can be better.

_________________
“You cannot solve a problem from the same consciousness that created it."

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!
Logo by pixeldecals.com